Chapter 15

Bella P.O.V

Dear Ben,

By the time this letter reaches you, the news about Pearl Harbor has reached you and you're probably wondering why is it me sending you this letter instead of Angela. Ben, it's been a devastating catastrophe what happened here yesterday and unfortunately, so many innocent lives have been lost.

I am very sorry, Ben. The last thing I wanted to do is deliver you this news but I feel it is my job to do it. Angela died yesterday as we tried to make our way to the hospital. Seth found her as he tried to get some of the injured people on the streets. I'm very soory, Ben. I know that an apology can never be a comfort for a loss.

The funerals will be held next week. We're still helping so many other injured.

I'll leave you now.

My best wishes for you.

Love, Isabella Swan.

The letter is sent and there's nothing else to do but wait. There were a total of 2,335 military personnel killed during the attack, that including 2,008 navy personnel, 109 marines, and 218 army. Added to this were 68 civilians, making the total 2,403 people dead. 1,177 were from the USS Arizona.

I stood by my window, looking at the view of the now clear sky. I had to go back to the hospital soon. Dr. Hendricks asked me to go home and get some rest. Soon most of the patients will be transfered to other hospitals, only the one that can be moved. More doctors will also becoming here to help out. The people have reacted very humanly, most of them volunteered at the hospital, others to the base to help get the bodies from those who died.

"Bella, you have to see this," Alice called from the living room.

I left my spot by the window and walked back to the living room. Jessica, Lauren, Rosalie and Alice sat down in front of the TV, watching as president Roosevelt stood up to give a speech.