Chapter 32

Bella's P.O.V

I walk down the hall, looking for my father's room, 223. I called home before I was on my way here and Alice said Mom came over to see Dad. She stayed home to take care of Marie. I asked her if Madam Sofia had left our home and she said no, she was set on having a very long talk with me, but that will not happen.

When I walk in, Mom looks at me with a sad smile. Dad has an unreadable expression and he avoids eye contact. With a sigh, I place my purse and coat on the couch and sit across next to my father.

"How is he?" I ask.

"His injuries are minor, he'll get better," Mom says as she takes his hand in hers. "However, Mr. Grumpy over here can't handle being taken care of from anyone who he doesn't know."

My Dad let's out a groan. "If they said there's nothing wrong with me, why do they find the need to keep me here?"

"Dad, they're probably running some tests to see if everything is fine," I say, rubbing his arm.

Mom looks at me and says, "Did you go see Edward?"

I slightly nod and look at my father. He continues to avoid eye contact and instead looks down at his joined hands with my mother.

"Yes, they're holding him at the local jail." No answer. "Dad?" Still no answer. "Dad, they might charge him for attempt of murder? And Jasper? Do you know how this could affect Alice? Her daughter? Me?" Still no answer from my father. "Daddy, please-"

"Isabella, I can't do this right now," Dad whispers.

"Daddy." I turn his head to face me. "Dad, Edward is my husband and the father of my child. I need him, without him I have nothing."

"You have your family!" He argues.

"You're not going to be here forever," I argue back. "Are you saying that you're gonna spend the rest of your life taking care of me and my baby? How about Alice and her baby? School, clothes-"

"I managed for the two of you-"

"Yes, but we never lived!" I cry. "Is that the life you want for us? Live our lives isolated from the real world? Never having any kind of social life, trapped between those four walls, have arranged marriages! We're no longer in the nineteenth where all that was-"

"I'm sorry for trying to keep you safe," he snapped. "I wanted you to b safe, disciplined, have no need for anything because I took care of everything!"

"Then why did you send us to Pearl Harbor?"

He sighed. "I thought the two of you were ready for the real world, that you could manage over there but never have I thought things were going to turn for the worst."

I shook my head. "They didn't. At least not for us. I hated Edward when I first met him, I wanted nothing to do with him because I let my own prejudice blind me from who he is and I almost made the worst mistake of my life by going to a man that was worse than any other man you could ever meet." Dad looked down with sadness. "Please, you have to tell me the truth."

"Bella, I can't-"

"So that wasn't the truth!" I stand up. "You know Edward didn't try to kill you!"

The doctor then walked in and we all looked at him curiously. By the look of his face, he wasn't here to gives us any good news. I took a seat as my Mom stood up and walked up to the doctor.

"Doctor, is my husband good to go home?" She asks.

The doctor sighs. "I'm afraid I didn't come here with good news."