Chapter 19

Bella P.O.V

Edward left very soon after we were engaged. This time, however, was different from the first since Jasper and Ben had first departed to the Middle East. First, Alice was able to go and say goodbye. Second, she wasn't the only one saying goodbye. All men that were to be sent off in January, left earlier than expected.

Rosalie was heartbroken that Emmett was departing with the troops so soon. Alice was more mature about the situation but she couldn't help but to feel sad that Jasper was leaving so soon. I, on the other hand, was a little optimistic about the situation. I knew I would see Edward again and that all of this would be over.

With one last kiss, Edward left Pearl Harbor.

His mother did not go to say goodbye. After he told her about our engagement, she left the Harbor with Tanya Denali. His uncles and sister supported him on his decision.

Not a week later after their departure did my parents arrive. My mom was so happy and relieved to see us, it was all hugs and kisses from her at the airport. My father, though also relived, managed to give us both really tight hugs and nothing more. I really did not expect much from him.

Alice and I both decided not to tell our parents about our engagements up until the next day. First because we did not want to ruin their first day of their trip here since they both seemed so happy to see us and secondly because we knew our father would throw a huge fit about it. We weren't going to get out of this so easily.

During our first day back together with our family we went out for some lunch, told our parents stories about things we've done here, leaving out anything that had to do with Jasper and Edward. That will be during another time. Our father asked what happened to us during the attack and we told them they story. How shortly after we realized what had happened, we all went to the hospital.

Our father was proud we both acted so bravely.

After our lunch, we took our parents to some of the places we liked to go. The shopping center, some antique places, the beach and by the end of the day we took them to our home. Surprisingly, Jessica and Lauren both behaved around my parents. I don't blame them, our father can seem a little scary. My mother loved them all, including Rosalie. My father wasn't really found of her, she was evidently the rich girl, there was no doubt for him.

My father hates rich people with all his heart. It scares me how is he going to react when I tell him about Edward. It scares me he might make me leave him.

The very next day after breakfast, Lauren, Jessica and Rosalie left for their shift at the hospital. We were left with our parents in the living room. That's when we knew it was time to tell them what their daughter have been doing while we were here.

"Mama, Papa, there's something we have to tell you," Alice said. "It's something really important."

My father put his newspaper down and looked at us. "What is it, girls?" He asked.

Alice swallowed before sitting down next to me. "Um, well, it's very important-"

"You've already emphasized that, Alice, now tell me what happened," our father said with a stern tone.

"We're engaged to two members of the Navy,"Alice said. "Just recently."

My mother looked at my father, who glared at both of us in silence for a really long time. He put his newspaper down and stood up. We watched him as he silently paced around the room.

Five minutes later, he snapped.

"I knew it. I knew it was a bad idea to leave you out on your own but I chose to! I trusted you both would be responsible but you just proven my point that I cannot!"