.00

Hello, my name is Kelsey Bates and I am 20, but I turn 21 tomorrow!!! I am from Birmingham, England. And yes I know Kelsey is the least English name ever, but I moved here from the United States when I was 2 because my gran was really sick. My mum hated the idea of leaving the States and her family but she sucked it up for my father. My dad on the other hand grew up in England but went to university in the states. My mother grew up in northern Indiana and on a whim decided to go to school far away from home, and with that she met the man of her dreams.

When we got to Birmingham my dad was very occupied with my gran. Constantly taking care of her, and wanting to be with her in her last moments. My mum on the other hand was getting stir crazy and learning to adapt to English ways. By doing this she befriended our neighbors, the Simpsons. My mum and mamma Simp became great friends. My mum was over at the Simpson's almost every day, and if I was not with my dad I was with her.

So yes, that does mean I know Bradley Simpson. He is my oldest, most idiotic mate that I am beyond honored to call my best friend. We have known each other for definitely too long, but I cannot imagine what my life would be like if I did not know him or his family. We went on holidays together, spent our childhood in the same school, and every Sunday night was the Simpson/Bates family dinner.

In school Bradley was the popular one, girls were always all over him. I mean he is personable and extremely easy to talk to. He was not like a jock that was standoffish or an asshole he was actually nice. He did look five though, up until about a year ago. In school I was like a floater, I had a set group of friends but got along with really everyone. It was always nice though knowing Bradley was there if I ever needed anything, even in our weird teenage years.

One of my favorite childhood memories was when we were about 5 or 6. My mum would always watch Bradley when mamma Simp would have to run errands. Growing up my mum was always playing music, it's something my grandmother does as well to drown out the silence. My mum would either play Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, Elton John, or anything from the rock era. So one day Bradley and I decided to put on a concert for her. We stood on my couch and screamed "Bennie and the Jets" by Elton John at the top of our lungs. My mom taped it, and every time we watch it back we laugh so much because neither of us really knew the words other than the chorus and just kept jumping on the couch like maniacs.

Ever since we were little my mum has always been Bradley biggest supporter. She would give him cd's to listen to, and eventually convinced mamma Simp to get him a guitar. We watched him grow in his musical ability, which now is really humbling. I remember the day he met James. He would not shut-up at Sunday night dinner about how cool he was and how excited he was. When The Vamps were forming and becoming an actual band it was pretty annoying. That's all I heard about all the time and it was weird not having Brad around all the time. But it was not like I was never proud. I was and am so proud for Bradley and the boys. They are truly living out their dreams and doing it the right way. They are still grounded and have not let the fame change who they really are.

I have been thrown into The Vamps brigade. I am Dean's assistant, but I like to refer to myself as his sidekick. I was planning on taking a gap year before going to university but I was talking to Dean one day and he offered me this position and I really could not pass it up. Plus it means I get to travel the world and learn a lot along the way. So today, I was packing up my clothes and heading to London before the tour began. My mum, dad, and mamma Simp were joining me in my journey to spend my birthday with me and also see the boys one more time before heading off on tour.

We were all on the train to London when I got a phone call. It was Bradley...