.10

James walked next to me the whole way. It was not a long walk but I know what he wanted to talk about. "Have you thought about it at all?" He asked.

"James I saw you about 10 minutes ago, not much time to think do ya?"

"No, I guess you're right."

"I mean I usually am." I looked at him giving him a smirk.

"Oh shush up." He said giving me a nudge.

"Hey Brad, aren't I always right?" I shouted ahead of me.

"Yep!" He shouted back.

I look over at James with a smirk and said, "trained him well."

We both laughed and finally made it to the restaurant. It was pretty dark inside, not helping my tired mood. They sat us at two separate tables because our party was fairly large. I sat with James, Joe and Dean. They all got massive portions of food, while I just got a small pasta with two meatballs, because I mean a meatball place has to have good meatballs. I enjoy sitting with this crew because we actually able to have some fairly intelligent conversations. Whenever any of the other boys are thrown in the picture, I swear our IQ's go down by 100.

James well telling me all about the book he has been working on. We have talked about it before, but he has gotten much further because he had some "inspiration" he claimed. I've read it too. He sends me chapters to edit, because he knows I love to edit papers. Weird I know, but if I ever decide to go to uni it will be for news editorial or English so that I can write a lot. I've thought about writing a book. With down time on the road I definitely could write a lot, but what would I even write about. Maybe I'll write poems; that would be cool.

"Kelsey, ya there?" I heard Joe say across the table.

"Uh yeah sorry what did I miss?" I snapped out of my trance.

"Nothing, but your food may be getting cold. It has been in front of you for five minutes and you haven't touched it. Is everything alright?" Joe asked with a concerned tone in his voice.

"Yes everything is totally fine," I reassured him. "I was just thinking, plus the jet lag is hitting me hard. I'll probably head back to the hotel after and go to bed."

"I think we all will be." Joe chuckled.

I felt a nudge in my side, "you were thinking huh? About what?" Pesky James.

"You're so annoying." I said and dove into my pasta. It was good, definitely proud of myself for getting two meatballs.

Not long after we were all back at the hotel in our rooms. I changed into my pajamas and enjoyed the silence of my own room. Just as I was about to fall asleep I heard a knock on the door.

"You're kidding," I scoffed and got out of bed.

I opened the door and there he stood in his plaid pajama pants and oversized t-shirt. "Hello Bradley. I was just about to fall asleep ya know."

"I'm sorry, I just want to come talk. I have hardly spoken to you all day."

"Yeah come in." I moved to the side letting him walk past me. He hopped right into my bed getting under the covers and all. "Yeah sure make yourself comfortable it's fine."

He chuckled at my sarcasm. "Is everything alright, Kels?"

Oh god. Don't think about it Kelsey. "Yeah I am just exhausted. Travelling really wares on me I guess. Are you alright?" I got in bed sitting next to him so I was facing him.

"Yeah I am excited for tomorrow. You know it's the Billy Joel concert right? Do I still get to go with you?"

"Yes of course, do you have press stuff tomorrow?"

"We will actually in the studio recording for the new album. I should be done by 3 though so we can grab dinner and then head to the show if you want?"

"Yeah that would be awesome, I'll scope out some restaurants and mentally prepare all day to see living legend and childhood hero Billy Joel in concert." I chuckled at myself knowing how ridiculous I sounded. Brad laughed along. "You know your birthday is coming up, anything in particular you want?"

He laughed, "You don't have to get me anything."

"Oh no, you got me an amazing present and I should definitely return the favor. You started this game Bradley. Now I have to get you something."

"Like I said, you don't have to get me anything."

"You're impossible Simpson." I cross my arms and pouted.

"Yet you still call me your best friend."

"Don't really have a choice though do I?" I looked at him and smirked. He was just looking at me; he had a different look in his eyes. A look I have seen before, but it has been a long time. Years since I have seen this look in his beautiful chocolate eyes. "What?" I chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Nothing." Sending me a reassuring smile. We both just laid there in silence. It was not weird or anything, more comforting.

About five minutes later I said, "you know you can tell me if anything is up right? Like I am always here to listen Brad."

"I know trust me. I don't have anything important to tell you, not yet at least." His voice trailed off towards the end.

"Alright well I won't push it. If you need me you know where to find me."

"I sure do."

"Are you going to stay here tonight or are you heading back to your room? I am getting really tired and want to sleep." I know that could have come out really snobby, but I swear I said it in the nicest way possible.

"I'm going to head back to my room and let you have the night to yourself." He said getting out of bed.

"Alright, night Brad."

"Night, K" He leaned down and left a kiss on the top of my head and the walked out the room, making sure to not let the door slam.

Now I am alone with all my thoughts. Ugh, why can I not figure out what I want? That last 45 minutes with Brad was cute, but maybe it was not. It was normal of him to do that but was I feeling like it was more, like it was something different? Tomorrow will be the test of truth. After tomorrow I need to know how I feel because I cannot let this tear me up all summer.