.14

When I pulled away I had the biggest smile on my face and immediately covered my face with my hands.  His lips were so soft.  The kiss was amazing.  It was like we had both been longing for it our whole life.

"Shit, did I ruin everything?" Bradley asked all worried.

I just laughed shaking my head, "No, not at all"

"Really? That was the scariest thing I have ever done."

"Oh so now kissing me is scary. Thanks Bradley." The sarcasm was flowing out of my mouth.

"It was quite lovely actually. You taste good." He winked.

"Oh my god Brad," I playfully slapped him on the arm.  "I probably taste like beer."

"Like I said good." I just rolled my eyes.

"So is this why you have been so nice to me lately? You wanted to kiss me?"

"Well like I said, I have always wanted to kiss you. But, yeah I've been realizing some things."

"Elaborate please sir."

"I don't know Kels.  I have known I have always liked you.  The boys from home, like Birmingham, kept telling me that you were going to be the girl I marry. That I should have fun now and just string you along because I would know you would be there.  I would always be pissed whenever they said something like that about you.  And when you dated Will I was constantly jealous.  I was wishing I were in his shoes 24/7. That I was the one holding your hand, that I was the one making you laugh. And the way you looked at him, you had never looked at me that way and it was something I was longing for." He stopped; he was clearly trying to gather his thoughts.  I was just looking at him wide-eyed not wanting him to stop.  I wanted to kiss him, everything he was saying was so sweet and heartfelt and you could tell it was hard for him to do.  Being so vulnerable and laying everything out on the line knowing that I might not feel the same way. 

"Brad, I..." He cut me off.

"One minute Kels, I'm not finished." He was holding my hands, our fingers were intertwined and he gave them a quick squeeze. "When you broke up with Will, I was over the moon.  You can ask any of the boys.  They tried to get to swoop in and snatch you up before someone else could.  I knew I could not do that though; you were grieving and constantly sad.  I did not want to be a replacement for feelings you had missed from being with Will.  I wanted to be the one you fell for, not the one who was just a convenient rebound. So I helped you cope, and watched you learn how to love again.  You are more yourself now that he is not around, you are stronger, and somehow wittier without him." I laughed. It was true.  My wit skyrocketed after Will.  "When you decided to come on tour with us last time it was a blessing in disguise.  I loved you being around, and loved watching you get to know the boys better.  I cannot imagine you not being part of the team.  Kels, you make my life so much better.  Every song I sing on stage, I act like I'm singing to you. Every song I write, I write it for you.  I have no idea what you are going to say after all of this, or how you are feeling but I had to say it soon or else I would have gone mad.  This past couple of days with you has made me realize how much I want to be with you.  And if you ask me one more time what I want for my birthday, I'll say you." He took a deep breath. 

I was so taken aback.  I have never heard anyone say anything that nice about anyone ever.  Like not even in movies.  I cannot imagine what is running through his mind right now, but all I know is that I want to kiss him.  I want him to know that I do like him, and I want us to be something as well.

So I grabbed him face and pulled it up to mine and said,  "I just wish you would have told me earlier." I then smashed my lips into his.  This kiss was full of passion and admiration.  His arms snaked around my hips pulling me onto his lap.  When we pulled away we both had huge smiles on our faces. 

"I'm an idiot." I laughed putting my head down.

"What why?" Brad asked, you could tell he was confused.

"For taking so long to realize how perfect we could be together." I smiled at him.

"So you mean you are willing to try this?  Me and you, you want to give us a shot?" He asked all excited.

I nodded and said, "There is not a single thing holding me back." I pecked his lips.