.05

I mean are you kidding. We do not get each other presents. EVER. I am pretty positive I have not gotten Brad a present since we were about 7 and it was like a nerf gun. It was something we never saw necessary in our friendship. After about 10 minutes he immerged back in the dressing room wearing his black skinny jeans, a black button up shirt only buttoned about half way and black boots. His hair was still wet from the shower so he was fixing it in the mirror. I always admired the fact that he had no idea how well he dressed and that he could put together an outfit effortlessly. I was convinced nothing could look bad on him.

He walked over to me and said, "let's take a walk." He reached down and I grabbed his hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"No where in particular. Just want to give you your present away from the boys."

We kept walking and I said, "Bradley, you know we never get each other presents?"

"Yeah I know, but I thought of it and could not pass it up. Don't worry it's nothing big, plus you were with me when I got it."

Now I was beyond confused. I had no idea what he could have gotten me without me noticing. We finally got to a place that was quiet enough. When I looked around we were actually back up on stage. It looked so different with no one in the audience, eerie really. He handed me a box, it was not wrapped or anything. It was a jewelry box.

"Happy birthday Kels. I got myself one too. Mine is silver though."

I lifted open the box it was a thin, gold band. Just a simple gold band.

"Wait is this what you picked up earlier? From the jewelry store we went to?" I asked feeling like an oblivious idiot.

"Hahaha yes, I knew you would not question it if I told you it was for my mum. Read the inside."

I picked up the ring. It was so so tiny, clearly not for a ring finger. On the inside he engraved 'pinky' and then on the opposite side had 'KB' engraved.

"Pinky? As in our pinky promises we did as kids?" I asked.

"Yes, we still do them now though."

Growing up my mom told me that she would always make pinky promises with her sister. Considering I did not have a sister the only person I would ever do pinky promises with was Bradley. Our pinky promises have become more serious over the years, but we would still always wrap our pinkies together and nod. Bradley has so much dirt on me that I would make him pinky promise to keep a secret. So with that I put the ring on my pinky. I loved that mine was gold and his was silver. Plus he knows I never wear silver jewelry.

I looked him right in his eyes and said, "thank you Bradley. This is truly the greatest present I have ever received. You have no clue how much it means to me and how much your friendship means to me." My eyes were getting all watery.

"You don't have to tell me, you know I feel the same way Kels. You are my piece of home out on the road, you constantly have me laughing, and you always know the right words to get me through a tough time. I just wanted to give you something that you could remember me by but also show you how much I appreciate our friendship," he said looking me in the eyes the whole time.

"Don't worry Simpson, I'm not going anywhere soon. I'll be by your side every step of the way till we are forced apart."

"Pinky promise?" He said chuckling to himself.

I put my pinky out with the ring on it and answered, "I sure do pinky promise." He wrapped his pinky around mine and we nodded at each other. I walked over and sat at the edge of the stage, he followed and did the same.

"It's wild isn't it, that we have been friends for almost twenty years? That is nuts," I said to him while looking around the venue.

He laughed and said, "or pretty awesome. Most people our age can't say they have been friends with someone for that long."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Nodding my head. I kept twisting the ring he got me around my finger.

"I've spent a damn lifetime listening to your sarcastic comments," he said.

"Hey!," I shouted hitting him in the arm. "Be nice! It's my birthday!"

"Right, right sorry princess," he said and I looked at him smiling. "What I think is interesting is how we don't get mad at each other. Like have we ever been in a fight?"

"Probably when we where little," I began. "I mean I know what makes you mad, so I don't do it.

"And I know what makes you mad, so I don't do it." He finished. "You hardly get mad over anything though, you just brush everything off."

"Yeah which I don't think is always good though. It kind of makes me seem like a pushover."

"Or just really laid back."

"Or that. Seriously thank you for this gift Bradley, it lovely and simple and perfect and gold and I am going to wear it every day."

"I'm glad you like it. I was pretty scared to give it to you, I know you hate surprises and stuff. I got one for myself so I can wear it every day too." He said jumping down from the stage. He held his hand out to me, I grab it and he helped down from the stage. He pulled me into a hug, and I hugged him right back.

"Thanks again, B."

"You are more than welcome. Want to go see if the boys are ready to go to the club?"

"Yes, lets do that!" We started walking back toward the dressing room.

We were about halfway there when he once again said, "you look really good tonight." I just stopped walking and he did the same.

"I mean thank you but that is like the third time you have said that tonight, you never say stuff like that to me. Is something up?"

"No no, nothing is up. Just being honest," he said.

"Well thank you B. You look good yourself. I like the all black attire."

"Thanks." He reached his arm around my side, and gave me a squeeze. We walked right into the dressing room and noticed all the boys were all dressed and ready to go.

"God that took forever lets go." Tris said getting up and heading towards the door.

"Oh well it looks like we are going!" I grabbed Brad's hand to follow me and followed behind Tris. "Hey Tris, which club are we going to?"

"Some club that is close, we got a table and everything."

"Oh cool!" I let go of Brad's hand to catch up to Connor and talk to him for a little bit.

"So what kind of trouble are you going to get into tonight?" Connor asked laughing.

"Who knows, the world is my oyster." I said back to him.