.24

**outfit and song in the media :)

Kelsey's POV

We had made it to dinnertime. I was cooking up a gorgeous meal in the kitchen. Bradley was in the bedroom getting dressed. We both decided to dress nice considering it was his birthday. I was dancing around the kitchen getting things together. I had on my favorite summer dress, my white open-back crochet dress. I loved wearing it, and it gave me an excuse to not wear a bra because I hate bras. They are the worst. I love what salt water does to my hair as well, it makes it so wavy and textured, and so I decided to leave it down for dinner.

I was mixing the pasta and singing along to Ben Howard. What a musician man, so incredible. I'm very thankful for Brad for making me listen to Ben because now he is one of my favorite artists.

I felt a pair of warm arms slip around my waist bringing an instant smile to my face. Bradley rested his chin on my shoulder, his curls tickling my neck.

"Everything smells wonderful," he whispered in my ear.

"Lets hope it tastes good, too," I said with a chuckle.

"Well, what are you making?" leaving a soft lingering kiss on my neck.

"Food," I responded with a devilish smirk on my face.

"Kels"

"Yes?"

He started to sing into my ear, he knew this was my favorite Ben Howard songs. It's called 'Gracious.' It's beautiful and heartbreaking. Songs like these really compliment Brad's voice. And right now he had me swooning. He pulled me away from the kitchen and started twirling me

"Had I a ghost, a shadow the most

Would you tell me so?"

Bradley pulled me close to him, wrapping an arm around my waist and rested a hand on my cheek making sure I was looking him in the eyes and softly sang.

"Cause I, I adore you so

When it all comes clear, the wind it settles,

I'll be here, you know."

"You're a charmer Simpson," I said biting my lip.

"Is it working?"

"Maybe," I said winking and walking back to the kitchen.

"You're cruel. You know that?"

"Yeah I know, but it is time for food."

Dinner was good if I say so myself. Not gourmet or anything but it was good. I think my favorite part was the wine. Yeah, the wine was the best. I was already on my thirds glass for desert, which was of course Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

"So how was your birthday been so far?" I asked taking a sip of wine.

"It has been amazing, thank you." He grabbed my hand rubbing circles on the back of my palm. "Come here." I stood up and sat on his lap so that I was straddling him.

"You look beautiful tonight. That dress is a huge tease," he said moving a stray hair behind my ear.

"How so?"

"Because I know you're wearing nothing under that."

"You know I hate bras."

He laughed, "Yes I remember."

"I'm sorry I didn't get you like a physical present for you birthday. Like the gift you got me ya know? I just thought these two days would be a good enough present. Like to get away from the boys and the stress of tour..." I was rambling so fast that Brad cut me off my kissing me. It was a sweet and loving kiss. He knew it would be the only way to shut me up.

I do feel bad. The ring was such a kind and loving sentiment, and I didn't give him anything to show him how I feel. I thought these two days would be enough, but maybe they aren't.

"Kels, you're crazy if you think I wanted anything." One his hands was sitting on my upper thigh under my dress, while his other hand was on the small of my back like he was making sure I would stay close to him. "I told you a thousand times what I wanted for my birthday. And every time I said you."

"I know and that's why I thought these two days would be great. Ya know? Get away from the boys and relax on the beach." There I was going, starting again.

"And spend time with you."

I chuckled, "and that. I just hope your birthday has been everything you have hoped."

"It has been amazing Kels, and we even have a whole day left. This has been more than I could have ever ask for."

"Good," I pecked his lips. "I'm glad."

"Do you know what would make it even better?"

"What?"

"You could give me the greatest birthday present ever?" His face was hovering right in front of mine. His eyes sparkling like I had never seen before.

"And that would be?"

"To be my girlfriend." He bit his lip like he was nervous. I just giggled to myself.

"Is that you asking me?"

"Yes, Kelsey," leaving a trail of sloppy kisses along my jaw. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, Bradley." I pulled his face to mine causing our lips to collide. "A million times yes."