.12

I sat staring at the plate in front of me. Three chips. Three chips were separating me from finally being finished with my meal. Brad was on his phone doing who knows what. I couldn't take my eyes of these three chips. There was no way I was going to finish them. Heck no. I push my plate away informing Brad I was finished. He didn't even question it and ate the final three chips.

"I cannot move." I said slouching down on my side of the booth.

He laughed and sipped his drink. He looked nice tonight. He had on his classic black jeans, but with a red and white stripped button-up.

"We can hang here for a little bit. We still have awhile till the concert." He suggested.

"Thank god." I sighed, "Have you thought of what you want for your birthday yet?" I know I asked him last night, but at this point I have no ideas.

"I told you; you don't have to get me anything."

"You know that is just so unfair."

"No it isn't"

"Yes sir it sure is."

"Seriously do not worry about it. Your presence in my life is enough."

"My presence in your life? That is all you want from me?"

"I could think of other things." He winked. Dammit I knew he would make that sexual. I just decided to throw him off.

"Oh really? Please vocalize to me right now, here in this restaurant, in front of all these people, what you would want from me on your birthday?"

"Nah I'll just let you guess." He said with the biggest grin on his face.

"You're impossible you know that?"

"Yeah I do." I just rolled my eyes at him and looked at my phone. James was blowing up my phone. I had about 10 texts from him asking me how it was going, where we were, if we were flirting. You name it he had asked it. I just went to his contact and turned it on Do Not Disturb so that he would not bother me the rest of the night.

I got up out of my seat and reached my hand out to Brad, "Let's go!!!" He grabbed a hold of my hand and did not let go of it. We walked hand-in-hand to the venue. I had this little smile on my face the whole time. We didn't talk either, just walked. It was cute really. While we were walking I looked over a Brad, he looked over at me smiled and then looked down like he does when he is nervous. I just squeezed his hand reassuring him everything was all right.

We had reached the venue and the usher showed us to our seats. We sat down waiting for the concert to begin. I finally responded to James, letting him know we held hands the whole way to the concert. This ensued a rapid response in all caps, which I just would ignore till the end of the concert because I didn't want to deal with it.

"Are you excited?" Brad leaned to my ear and asked me.

"Beyond excited. I'm like nervous, I am so excited."

"Nervous?"

"Yeah, I don't know. I'm weird." This made him laugh. And just like that the lights were dimming. "Holy shit I am not ready."

"WOOOOOOOOOO" Brad screamed next to me. At least he was ready.