2

I've only seen Ney cry once, during the 2014 world cup. Seeing him cry last night over something like this made me feel terrible but everyone is telling me I did the right thing, did I really though?

*****3 years earlier*****

Our college soccer team had just won the Big 12 conference and now on our way to national champions.

ESPN had called our coach asking to interview some of the players, being that this is the first time West Virginia has been to Nationals in 13 years. Of course he said yes, picking me as one of the players to be interviewed.

"Alexia, being a defender do you say you have a better chance of making the team or just the same as any other position?" what kind of question was this? I look from the interviewer and to my coach who had a dead look on his face.

"I can say it gives you a slim advantage.There are many strikers,forward's and midfield players in this game whereas there's not many goalies or defensive players.But that does not mean that they are less important to the game, every position is a necessity to play the game." I answered the best I could without really thinking about it.

"And who would you say is you biggest inspiration ?" this was always a hard question for me because two people have impacted my soccer career tremendously; my mom and Neymar Jr.

"There are two amazing people who inspire me.The first one is my mom.She has always been my number one supporter and has helped me through a lot, I don't think I would be where I am today without her" I looked into the camera knowing my mom would most likely be watching this, and smiled.

"And the other person is Neymar Jr. I have been a fan of his for a long time now, and I'm very happy for his move to FCB. He has taught me that nothing comes on a silver platter and if you want something you have to work for it.He has accomplished so much at a young age and has shown me that I can do the same if I set my mind to it"

I know this is kind of a weird way to end this part but chapter 2 is going to have 2 parts sooo yeah😊 As always, thanks so much for reading and if you liked it make sure to hit the star and tell your friends about it.