Chapter Fourteen (Witnesses)

Jerome (POV)

"Biggums, I'll be right back! I just need to grab my jacket, I left it on the sofa."

"But you know I can't cook!! I'm going to be starving here for a whole ten minutes!!" Mitch whined, causing my ear drums to ache.

"Just make some popcorn while we wait, Misty always leaves popcorn bags in the cabinet when we have movie night."

I could hear him mutter to himself before sighing, "Fine."

I just rolled my eyes and hung up on him. He's so needy, must a Bacca do everything?

I slowly lifted my foot off of the ignition, turning my steering wheel into Misty's driveway.

I was about to reach for my keys when something golden caught my eyes.

I could see Lachlan staring through Misty's window, trash bag near him. It was clear that he was throwing away the mess we all made, but what at the window could have caught his attention.

Suddenly a wave of worry washed over me.

Preston is there.

For awhile now I've been worrying about how well him and Misty have been getting along, but now it's overwhelming.

"It's probably nothing Jerome, Preston is drunk anyways; He's probably asleep on the couch." I said, reassuring myself.

I took a deep breath, reliving me of my worries and walked out of my car, towards Lachlan.

"Lachlan? What are you doing?" I asked him, tapping him on the back.

I peeked towards the window to see nothing out of the ordinary.

"Oh, um I-I was taking out the garbage and I thought I saw something." Lachlan laughed nervously.

"What did you 'think' you saw?" I shot back almost immediately.

I didn't mean to sound rude, but finding someone looking through my girlfriend's window isn't very normal.

"Sorry, I can see how this is weird. I was just helping by taking out the trash when I thought I saw Misty stumble, so I was watching to make sure she wasn't drunk." Lachlan said, avoiding eye contact with me.

He lifted the trash bag off the ground and finally looked at me. "You should probably knock instead of ringing the doorbell, Preston is very cranky."

I felt confused, but went up to the door anyways...

Preston (POV)

The fogginess in my mind instantly cleared and I immediately pushed away from Misty.

"I am so sorry! I should not have done that!" I instantly yelled, stepping all the way back to the other wall.

She just kinda stared at me in shock, then finally said something.

"That was, something..."

I felt like such a douche bag, I practically forced her to kiss me. I know that I have feelings for her, but I definitely did not handle that the right way!

This is why I can't get drunk, I act like a total jerk when I do. Finally I just let out a sigh, what's done is done.

"I-I think I should go." I mumbled.

Like I said, I really did like Misty, but non-drunk Preston would never ruin her relationship with another guy.

"Preston, I know you feel bad for acting that way, but we both know you're too drunk to drive." Misty sighed, grabbing my arm.

Sadly, it was true. I felt very, very drunk.

"You need to rest, the guest bedroom is down the hall to the right if you want to lay down there." Misty suggested, releasing her grip on my arm.

I nodded, but before I could even turn around I heard a soft knocking on the door.

We both looked at each other confused, then I realized who it probably is.

"Lachlan probably locked the door as he walked out, so now he's stuck." I laughed, even though it caused my head to hurt.

Since Misty was closest to the door, so she ran to answer it.

For some reason the child in her still loves to open doors and press elevator buttons before anyone else can.

"Oh, uh. Hi Jerome!" Misty smiled, as Jerome walked inside.

"Sorry go interrupt, I just needed my jacket. Do you know where it is? I thought I left it on the couch." Jerome said, glancing over at me.

I could feel a droplet of sweat slip down my neck. I'm so nervous, what if Jerome finds out?

"Here, I'll go look for it! Brb" Misty yelled, as she ran upstairs.

Jerome and I stood around awkwardly, waiting for Misty to return. Honestly, I'm a little intimidated by him. He doesn't look stronger then me, but he's definitely a lot taller then me.

"So, what happened in here when Lachlan went outside?"

I looked over at Jerome, even though he remained staring forwards.

I could feel the hairs on my arm stick up as my blood ran cold. W-why is he asking this?

"What do you mean?" I asked him, trying my best to maintain a confused face.

"Lachlan was staring at something in the window when it was just you two inside. What happened?" He asked sternly, finally facing me to stare me down.

The feeling of being drunk suddenly started to wash over me again, as I realised I had to tell him.

"I-it's my fault." I muttered.

The sternness in his eyes flashed a bit of concern before turning into anger.

"What. Did. You do!"

I just needed to let it out, it's only been about ten minutes and the guilt is already consuming me!

"I was drunk ok, actually I still am drunk and I make some poor decisions when I'm drunk! Misty was trying to take care of me and I kissed her before she could stop me." I finally admitted.

He seemed shocked, shocked that I'd ever do such a thing after I proved myself not to be like Ashley.

But in the end, I am just like her because I know I just ruined a relationship and I know that I have no chance of being friends with any of Misty's friends anymore.

I lifted my head up so see Jerome basically boiling with anger.

"You are so dead!"