Chapter Fifteen (Friendships Die)

(A/N: There wasn't a lot of entries in the contest, but that's ok because there were still two that really stood out to me! They will be added next chapter, but I'm not going to announce it like I said. Instead I want you to look for your characters name when they introduce themselves!)

Misty (POV)

My phone instantly slipped out of my hand, the screen making a sick cracking sound, as I walked back into the living room.

"Jerome! What are you doing!" I yelled in shock, as I saw him lift Preston up by the collar of his shirt.

It looked like he was about to throw Preston across the room, which honestly would be a little entertaining seeing him fly.

Ok that was random...

"What am I doing? What are you doing kissing someone else behind my back!" He growled, pushing Preston aside, bumping him against the wall.

"I told you, I'm drunk Jerome. It wasn't her fault!" Preston said, voice breaking a bit.

As he got his balance back, I saw he cause a small dent in the wall.

Once again off topic.

I could tell he felt bad about everything, but suddenly I noticed something else.

The random mood swings that had just occurred between Jerome arriving and now wasn't normal.

He had to be a bit drunk also.

Great, only good things happen when guys are drunk, am I right? No.

"Look Jerome, please. I shouldn't have let Preston get that drunk in the first place, but you know that it didn't mean anything." I said calmly, trying to reason with him.

Of course reasoning didn't work.

"Sounds like bullshit excuses to me!" He snapped.

I was generally shocked by his sudden outburst, this was very unlike Jerome's sober self.

He was usually very sweet and caring, which was what I liked about him in the first place. But now that seemed like it just evaporated out of his personality.

"Quit being a douche bag!" Preston barked, pushing Jerome causing him to stumble and fall. "You don't talk to your girlfriend like that!"

I never thought I'd see the day where two guys were fighting about me, even over the wrong reasons.

I couldn't let this go on.

"Maybe you two should just go..."

They both instantly looked up at me, I guess they were kinda surprised I didn't take sides for once.

"Pssh, I was leaving anyways!" Jerome scoffed, getting back up to his feet. "Enjoy you're new boyfriend."

With that he left, slamming the door shut.

We stood in silence for a second, comprehending the events that has just occurred.

"I-I...um. Sorry." Preston mumbled, not daring to make eye contact with me.