Chapter Twenty-Two (The big red Button)

Misty (POV)

I can't say that I'm not amused because if I did, well I'd be lying.

I was plenty aware at how drastic my idea was, who knows how long it'll take them to get out and I did do this without their consent, but I mean what else could I do?

It's not like we're in some cliche book written by some emotional high schooler where all I have to do say some emotional speech while expressing my feelings and suddenly everyone would get forgive each other.

That would be stupid, I'm just surprised I was able to think of this idea so fast, any normal person would probably take months to think of such a drastic but strategic idea. That would be awful waiting that long, but luckily I have a history of coming up with crazy schemes.

I reclined slightly in my chair, a taco in one hand and a Pepsi in the other, as I watched the cameras.

I practically made myself at home in the small office space on the outside of their exit door, which will probably be where I die with how long it'll tame for them to make there way out and into my room.

Honestly, the puzzle isn't very hard. They just have to find a few codes, open a few chests, and find the key to the door.

I did however modify it so that the puzzles and some items would be harder to solve and find without the help of at least one person.

It's possible they could just stick to the people they're comfortable with and I wouldn't be surprised if some arguments happened here and there, I'm just praying this plan works.

I don't know what I'd do if it didn't, or even worse, if I only made them drift father apart...

***

Jerome (POV)

Do you ever feel like you're just surrounded like idiots? Better yet, know you are because I sure do.

It's been about five minutes and not an ounce of progress has been made. The second Misty turned off her screen, the tension in the room became so thick you could cut it with a knife! Preston, Lachlan, Vikk, and Rob went as far into the room as they could next to a map and have been talking there since, the girls are just rummaging through the desks (also gossiping), and Adam and Ty are actually trying to find clues, but not prevailing.

"Jerome! Check this out!"

Mitch held out a book, probably two inches thick with one hand, making it look as light as a feather. "It's hallow!"

With out hesitation he yanked on the edges of the book, revealing a huge carved out section with a small piece of paper sitting inside. "He'll yeah! It's a code!" I said, high giving Mitch's other hand.

Before I could even react, the paper was snatched out of the book, Lachlan reaching right over Mitch's head.

"What do you think you're doing, we found that!" I snapped, "Go find your own damn clues instead of stealing ours!"

"Blah blah blah, we're supposed to be working together. Your code, my code, same thing. The only difference is I'm actually going to use it!" Lachlan said, brushing off my aggressive tone as he handed the paper to Preston and Vikk.

Within seconds they ran behind a bookshelf, a gleam in their eyes. Curiosity getting the best of me, I walked behind the books shelf to see them punch the code into a locked chest, the lid popping open with ease.

Reaching into the chest, Preston pulled out a brown leather journal with a small golden ribbon. It was clearly important and it should've been Mitch and I's find, not their's!