Chapter Sixteen (New Relationships)

Preston (POV)

"Are you sure about this Misty? You're probably just doing this out of anger and not actually kindness."

I sat down on the edge of Misty's bed, watching as she attempted to pick out an outfit that actually matched for today.

"Kindness, Anger; Same difference!" Misty replied, finally picking out a black shirt with a rainbow in the middle, jeans, and white sneakers.

"All I'm saying is, you know for a fact you don't like Ashley, so why are you doing this? Just cause your friends are mad at you?" I asked.

She slowly shook her head as she walked over to the bathroom with her clothes.

"Look, you weren't here last year, so I understand why'd you say that, but my friends hurt me more then Ashley did. They used me and some how I forgave them, don't ask me how, but I did. Now they're turning on me once again over a misunderstanding!"

I was clueless to what she was going on about, but it was clear to me that she was really upset.

She finally opened the bathroom door and sighed. "Not all of them are bad I guess, Jerome was almost always there for me...."

With the she went in and left me alone in her room, while she changed.

Jerome meant a lot to her and I ruined that. If anything, I should be the friend she hates, not them.

Now that I think about it, Ashley's plan was a success. I ruined her relationship with Jerome and all her friends.

"This isn't going to end well..." I mumbled.

Suddenly I heard a song blast from Misty's phone. I cringed as it blasted the loud chorus of "Death of a Bachelor".

I looked at the name and felt my face turn cold and pale.

I should ignore this...

Right as I reached for the decline button, I heard Misty yell from the bathroom, "Answer it, I'll be out in a second!"

I felt a lump grow in my throat as I picked up the phone and stared at it one more time. "Okay!" I yelled back.

I pressed the green button and held the phone to my ear. "H-hey Jerome, Misty will be here in a second..."

Misty (POV)

I finished braiding my hair and applying some mascara, which I'm not really a fan of since it keeps clumping, but it's too late to take it off now.

I was about to take the cap off of my hairspray when randomly I started hearing my ringtone, "Death of a Bachelor", aka my favorite song ever!

I yelled for Preston to answer it, not thinking much of it...

But then I realized who I set that ringtone for.

I quickly sprayed my braid and ran out into my room to see Preston holding my phone to his ear. To be fair, I did tell him to answer it.

He heard the door close and looked up at me. "She's right here, I'll hand the phone to her."

I looked at the phone, a little bit of anger bubbling in me as I took it and held it to my ear.

"Are you just calling me to yell at me or something?" I said, rolling my eyes.

I heard a small sigh coming from other end before Jerome said something, unexpected.