Flight of The Fat Lady

I drum my fingers against the desk as I wait for my first class to arrive. The classroom looked like another dungeon but at least there was some light coming through the small window. The first class came in nervously as they took their seats with partners. My first class were First years who seemed a bit nervous.

"Alright," I sigh as I walk to the front of the class. "My name is Professor Lupin and I will be your Potions Master for your first year of Hogwarts. I do not want any foolishness in here, okay? Now, in this class you will learn the basics of potion making, how to prepare ingredients, and how to use them. The first potion you will be making today is a very simple one, cure for boils." I smile at some of the 'ews' from the girls before showing them the way to make the potion and page number. It went one like that for the rest of the day until my feet were aching and my stomach growling at the idea of a meal. I walked into the Great Hall at dinner to see that Remus had beat me to the table.

"Hello," I sigh as I take my seat, filling my cup.

"Hello," Remus said quietly while reading the Daily Prophet.

"How was the first day, hmm?" I say taking a sip of my drink.

"Good, actually. They tackled a boggart today. What about you?"

"Cure for boils," I sigh. "Not as interesting as boggarts I'm afraid."

"Jealous?"

"Shut up," I laugh.

The days went on and so did the many classes. My favorite holiday has come and the Great Hall was decorated to match the event. Candle lit pumpkins, live bats, and flaming orange streamers floating across the stormy ceiling. Remus sat beside me, talking with Flitwick with a very happy attitude. My eyes wandered around the Hall to spot Harry dining on the feast with his friends which made me smile softly. Soon everyone went off to their houses with full stomachs and much chatter. The teachers were the last to leave but a few of us stayed behind to finish our meals.

"Professor!" a student yelled as he came running into the Hall, breathing heavily.

"What is it?" Dumbledore said, standing up.

"The Fat Lady," the boy panted. "She's gone, sir."

Dumbledore didn't wait for another second before he was quickly following the boy out the Hall leaving us. We looked amongst each other and headed to the Gryffindor Tower. When we got there, students were jammed together with Dumbledore standing right in front of the painting.

"We need to find her," Dumbledore said. "Professor McGonagall, please go to Mr. Filch at once and tell him to search every painting in the castle for the Fat Lady."

"You'll be lucky!" another voice laughed like a cackling witch. Peeves. He floated above the crowd with a very happy face, I must say.

"What do you mean, Peeves?" Dumbledore asked calmly. The little creature's grin decreased in size at the Head Master.

"Ashamed, Your Headship, sir. Doesn't want to be seen. She's a horrible mess. Saw her running through the landscape up on the fourth floor, sir, dodging between the trees. Crying something dreadful," he said happily. "Poor thing."

"Did she say who did it?" Dumbledore asked quietly.

"Oh yes, Professorhead. He got very angry when she wouldn't let him in, you see," Peeves flipped over and smiled at Dumbledore with his face between his legs with a large grin. "Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black."

My blood went cold at his name making me shudder at the thought of Sirius doing something like this at Hogwarts, his second home. Remus's eyes shifted over to me but I refused to make eye contact with his own.