Confession

Exams were taking place and it was as draining for a teacher as it is for a student. Its very surprising, I think to myself as I watch the class of whom were currently taking their exams in silence. The class finally ended which started my free period. I stood when the last student walked out but stopped shortly when the Minster walked into the room.

"Minster Fudge," I greet him with a bit of confusion on my face.

"Ms. Lupin," he smiles at me once he stood in front of the desk.

"How can I help you today, sir?"

"I just wanted to talk about a few things," he explains as he dragged one of the stools from the table in front of my desk," involving Sirius Black."

My jaw clenched when his name was spoken and the thoughts started running through my head trying to think back to the moment in the forest. Did someone see?

"What about him?" I question trying to calm myself.

"I've been wondering if you can remember anything that could help us find him," his eyebrows narrowed.

"Like what?"

"If I may, would you answer some questions?" I nod in answering.

"When did you meet Black?"

"I'd meet him here at Hogwarts," I answer, he nods.

"What happened the night that James and Lily Potter died?"

"You know what happened that night," I tense.

"I do. But did Sirius mention anything before killing Pettigrew?"

"No."

"Sarah, has Sirius Black tried to contact you at all since he escaped?"

"Not at all. Why would you think like that?" I raise a brow.

"We knew that the two of you were together before the murders, Sarah. The guards in Azkaban gave me these when we had went to investigate," Fudge stuck his hand into his inside pocket in his coat and pulled out a stack of white envelopes held together by a rubber band.

"What are these?" I whisper as I took the stack into my hands.

"He wrote letters to you but the guards kept them for security reasons," he explains. "Please understand the circumstances right now, Sarah. Black is a dangerous man, he's not the same man you knew from all those years ago."

The Minster stood and gave me a smile then walked out my classroom. I sank into the chair still holding the letters in my hands. With trembling hands, I tear open the first letter in the stack that was dated back to the first year Sirius was imprisoned. The letter bleed his love and begged for forgiveness, I read through all the letters and my heart began to ache even more with each one.

"Sarah?" Remus's voice came from in front of the room. Our eyes meet and his immediately softened.

"What's wrong?" he questioned as he stood in front of my desk. I raise the letters for him to see them which confused him.

"Letters from Sirius," I whisper. "When he was still in Azkaban. Fudge came by earlier to question me about a few things and then gave me these. They kept them the whole time while he was in there, Remus."

"Oh, Sarah," he whispered looking down at the ground with his eyes shut. I remained silent as the many thoughts ran through my head. I forgive him, I think to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm wondering," Remus said randomly. I raise a brow as I watch him from my seat in the corner of his classroom.