November

After that night, I haven't been down to Hogsmead. It reminds me too much of Chad. Lily tries to cheer me up but it just isn't there. Every time I can't control the tears, Lily runs over to the guys' dorm and brings Remus over. He is always my shoulder to cry on. Astronomy is the worst. Chad will sit there and scowl me like a child. The only fun I actually have is sneaking out the castle with the fellas and trying to teach them animagi. The first one to master it was Peter since his is a rat. James and Sirius almost have it but they have trouble coming back.

Its the day before Sirius's birthday. And somehow James plans to have whiskey and other alcohols at the party. Currently I'm in the library of all places. Trying to ignore the fact that all the Ravenclaws are giving me the stink eye.

"What is my favorite girl doing here all by herself?" the voice asked. I looked up to find beautiful grey eyes looking down at me.

"Nothing, just thinking, that's all." I smiled, as he sat down.

"Is it about me? Because I know I'm so handsome!" he exclaimed.

"No!" I laughed at his shocked expression.

"What! I'm not pretty!" he cried. He came make a glum day, pretty happy.

"What about going down to the lake? You know the lake that was named after me," he chuckled.

"Fine, since you will never let me read!"

He smiled his brilliant smile. He took my hand in his and ran us out the library and down to the lake.

The lake was not as beautiful as it was when it was warm. It still gleaned in the sun but not as bright. Sirius sat against the tree, beckoning with his hand to come and sit next to him. Once I settled myself against the tree, Sirius wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Tomorrow's your birthday, " I whispered looking up at him.

"Yes, it is. Tomorrow I'm going to be 17," he laughed.

"Wow! Your old!" I laughed. He grinned at me.

"And how old are you Ms. Perfect, " he laughed.

"16!" I said, sticking my tongue out.

"You better put that tongue in miss, before I take it," he joked.

For the rest of the time, we sat there enjoying each other's company. Me leaning against his shoulder, his head leaning against my head.