Hothead

"I wonder how he's doing," I think out loud. I sat at the table in the kitchen just drumming my fingers against the wood since there was absolutely nothing else to do in the damn house. Molly and Arthur had left to return home soon after the children went to school leaving just the two of us in the house not that it changed Sirius's mood. He was still sulking about the absence of Harry and having no freedom to leave this place.

"Probably better than us," Sirius mumbles while pouring himself another cup of tea. I roll my eyes at him.

"Not having fun, my love?" I smirk at him. He shakes his head while walking back to his seat beside me and sighs loudly.

"I can't even describe it," he sips his tea. I hated to see him like this, so depressed and just not himself. The chaos he used to get himself into during our younger years. Tapping on the window made me look away from Sirius to spot a snowy white owl sitting on the window ledge outside.

"We have mail!" I gasp as I climb out of my seat and scrambled to the window. Sirius's barking laugh filled the room not that I was paying him any mind. Once the window was unlatched, Hedwig flew right into the kitchen and perched herself right in front of Sirius who took the letter from her.

"What does it say?" I ask as I made my way quickly back to my seat trying to peep at the letter.

"Will you give me the chance to open the bloody thing?" he chuckles as he rips opens the letter and pulls out the parchment. He was silent as he scanned the paper and I was bouncing in my seat. Sirius let out a 'hmph' before placing the letter down on the table. I scan the letter not touching the paper, I raise a brow in wonder when I saw the name, Snuffles.

"Who is Snuffles?" I raise my brow as I turn to Sirius.

"I am Snuffles," he smirks at me. 

"I feel like I'm missing something," I whisper. I cup his cheek and stroked the pad of my thumb across his cheekbone.

"When Harry was in the Triwizard Tournament," he lays his hand over mine. "I went and visited him when he had told me of his scar hurting. The town's people called me Snuffles when I traveled around as a dog."

"Was this during your time away?" I raise a brow. After Sirius escaped from the Ministry's clutches for the second time, he had traveled to Europe way from the Ministry and away from me.

"Yes," he breathes, stroking the skin on the top of my hand. I nod as I let go of his face but moved closer to him so that he could wrap his arm around my waist to pull me closer to his side. I rest my head against his chest and let my hand that wasn't wrapped around his torso to lay in his lap where it played with the fabric of his pants.

"What did he write?" I nuzzle his chest trying not to think of that time last year.

"His scar is hurting him again," Sirius strokes his fingers through my hair, "and the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher  isn't exactly the best."

"Who's the teacher? Anyone, we know?" I look up at him. He pressed his lips together not answering me right away which made me curious.

"Sirius."

"It's um, well, Doroles Umbridge," he scratches his head. I could feel my face turn cold at the sound of the name. His arms tightened around me when he saw the look on my face as he tried to calm me down.

"Retched woman," I whisper. That woman has made it impossible for Remus to find a real job which troubled him for the past two years. He kisses the top of my head and let out a heavy sigh.

"I need to speak with him," he states. I press my lips together wondering if he should take the risk of speaking to Harry.

"It's a high risk, my love," I pull away from the comfort of his chest to search his face.