Taking a Chance

"You're doing what?" I gasp when the Minster finished his little speech and questioning.

"The dementors will be performing the kiss later tonight," the Minster nodded.

"No! He's innocent! Don't you understand?" I gasp, my hands trembling.

"Black must have placed you under the same spell as the other three," Fudge shook his head.

"Please let me see him," I beg. He looks down at me with weary eyes with his lips pressing down on each other.

"He is in questioning as we speak. I can not grant your request. Good day," he concludes as he walks out the room. I wanted to scream at that moment as I sat on top of one of the desks in the room. The Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom was dark, the only light being the moonlight beaming in the windows. Remus was somewhere in the woods, Peter escaped, and Sirius was locked up in the tower. The door of the classroom slowly opened making me look up from my lap to see Dumbledore shutting the door quietly.

"How is he?" I whisper. Dumbledore purses his lips before taking a seat in one of the chairs nearby.

"Sirius is asking for you," he sighs, meeting my gaze.

"I want to see him."

"They won't allow that, Sarah."

"They are going to kill him, sir! I need to see him!" I whisper. "I love him."

"Love is a powerful thing," he smiles faintly. "Can you prove your love, Sarah?"

I stare at him like he was insane.  In response, I take out my wand and made a flicking motion and a silver wisp comes out the tip and the silver takes the shape of a very large, shaggy dog. The dog ran around the room before sitting on its hind legs in front of me with its tongue hanging out.

"Put that love into the hands of others," he smiled at the dog. "Hopefully at the end of tonight, you will be reunited with your love."

"What do you mean, Professor?" I question as he walks to the door and starts to leave.

"Be patient, dear one."

~~~~~~

The night was shortening and soon my Sirius would be gone forever. Tapping caught my attention, a snowy white owl sat on the window seal holding something in its beak. I unlock the lock and the bird immediately fly in and sat right on the very desk I was sitting on before. Gently taking the envelope from it and it read in fast written writing:

Meet us in the courtyard

~Hermione

Curious. I try to look as calm as one can as I practically run down the stairs and hallways, my eyes darting around the area to make sure that there was no one else around. The courtyard came into view with a very odd little group. There stood a giant creature with the head and two feet of an eagle and then the body, tail, and back feet matching a horse. Sirius was crouched down in front of Harry talking to him, the two had bright happy faces.

"You've gotten my letter," Hermione smiles when I approach.

"Yes," I smile. "The two of you broke him out, I suppose?"

"With a little help," she nodded.

"You will be a very talented witch of your century, Hermione," I tell her knowing that every word was true. The boys got up making the two of us turn towards them.

"Scars," Sirius gazes at me.

"Padfoot," I whisper as I stride over to him. He wraps me in his arms and I wraps my own arms around his neck, running my fingers through his hair.