Werewolf

"Vengeance is sweet," Snape smiled, pointing his wand at Sirius. "I hoped I be the one to catch you."

"Severus-" Remus tried but Snape silenced him with a point of his wand.

"I told Dumbledore that the two of you were helping an old friend into the castle and now here's the proof."

"Severus, you're making a mistake," Remus told him. "You haven't heard everything- I can explain- Sirius is not here to kill Harry-"

"Three more for Azkaban tonight," Snape said. "I shall be interested to see how Dumbledore takes this... He was quite convinced you  were harmless, you know, Lupin... a tame werewolf.

"You fool," I whisper. "Is a schoolboy grudge worth putting an innocent man back inside Azkaban?" Snape pointed his wand at me with loathing in his eyes.

"Willing to protect him so easily, Sarah? Willing to throw yourself on the line even when he helped kill your best friend?"

"You-" I start but Remus grabbed me before anything could happen. Sirius took a step towards Snape but Snape placed the tip of his wand in between Sirius's eyes.

"Give me a reason. Give me a reason to do it, and I swear I will. The dementors have been longing for you."

A little color left Sirius's face.

"No! Severus you have to hear the truth!" I reason with him but he ignored me.

"Maybe they will have a little kiss for the three of you," Snape growls, backing away from Sirius and pointed to the door. "After you."

"Expelliarmus!" Harry shouted and Snape was lifted off his feet and flew into a wall, knocked out.

"Harry what did you just do?" Ron gasped.

"You attacked a teacher!" Hermione gasped.

"Tell me about Pettigrew," Harry said.

"We thought he was our friend," I turn to Harry.  "We thought we could trust him! But instead he sells out his friends!"

"What do you mean?" Harry questioned me.

"All this time they thought that Sirius betrayed your parents but it was the other way around, Harry. Peter betrayed Lily and James not Sirius."

"That's not true! He was their secret-keeper. He said so before you turned up. He said he killed them!"

"Harry... I as good as killed them. I persuaded Lily and James to change to Peter at the last moment, persuaded them to use him as a Secret-Keeper instead of me... I'm to blame, I know it," Sirius sighed. "The night they died, I went to check on Peter and he wasn't there. There wasn't a sign of a struggle. I realized what Peter must've done... what I'd done."

"There's one certain way to prove what really happened. Ron give me that rat," I say, holding out my hand.

"What are you going to do with him if I give him to you?" Ron questioned.

"Force him to show himself. If he really is a rat, it won't hurt him." I held my hand out towards Ron who looked down at his rat as if in thought before meeting my gaze. He held out the rat which I gently took out of his hand, the rat immediately began to squeak and thrash in my clasped hand.

"Ready, boys?" I question. Sirius took Snape's fallen wand and Remus readied himself with his own. Breathing calmly, I flicked my own wand at the struggling creature. The rat froze when the blue-white flash hit him, and he fell to the floor. Casting the spell, the rat began to change into the form of a man, his head growing and limbs sprouting until Peter stood before us. Peter like the rest of us grew old from age, his hair thinning with a bald spot on the top of his head. Peter was breathing hard, his tiny rat-like eyes darting back and forth like a scared little creature. Loathing began to set itself in my brain as I stare at the man that took away almost everything away from me, my friends and the man I love.