Understand (Caboose x Reader)

Caboose stood in the grass talking to Sheila the big tank while you sat on the top of the base watching. You were contemplating your feelings about Caboose, he always made you laugh but Tucker and Church kept telling you he wouldn't understand the concept of a "boyfriend and girlfriend." You sighed and got up deciding to go sit with him.

Caboose's attention glued on you as soon as you sat down interrupting what Sheila was talking about.

" Hi (Y/N)!" He said with a goofy grin you could practically see through his visor.

"Hi Caboose" you smiled back.

"How are y-" He was interrupted by Sheila.

"Caboose I was talking to you. " she said angrily as if a tank could show emotion.

" I know Sheila but (Y/N) seemed more fun to talk to. " He said without a second thought.

You blushed " If I was interrupting I could just go if you want."

"Yes. Please leave " Sheila said.

You got up and dusted off yourself.

"No no (Y/N) please stay!" Caboose said grabbing your hand. You blushed even more.

"Target locked" you hear Sheila say. You gulp and look the tank. Caboose stands in front of you.

"Bad Sheila Bad. Go sit in the corner we do not shoot pretty girls." Caboose said.

You felt your cheeks heat up and you tried to walk away.

"Wait wait where are you going?" He asked.

" I was going to go inside. It-Its hot out here" you said stuttering.

"Let me come with you then" He said happily.

"Ok I-I guess you can" you kept looking from his hand to his helmet. He hadn't let go of your hand and it didn't seem like he planned too because he began walking with a tight grip.

Walking in the base you take off your helmet to get some air.

"Woh your face is red (Y/N)" Caboose says giggling.

You run into your room covering your face, almost hitting a wall. You close the door taking off your armor leaving just under armor and jump in the bed hiding in the blankets.

You hear the door open and feel the bed shift under weight. Thinking it was Church or Tucker coming to talk to you, you begin pouring your heart out.

"I cant take it anymore every time Im near him I get flushed. Anything he says makes me smile. His goofy grin makes me want to hug him forever... I think I ..... I ... I love him....Caboose why do you have to be so adorable and innocent. I wish you understood."

"I love you too"

You make a confused face into the blankets thinking why in the world would Church or Tucker say that... well Tucker might say something like that but not exactly. You look up and your eyes widen. Trying to sit up you fall off the bed. Caboose pears over the bed at your scrunched up body.

"Did I understand you right?" He asked shaking.

You smiled and sat up on the bed. " Do you really mean it...?"

He nodded " I started feeling something really weird so I asked Tucker and he told me where babies come from I still don't understand how girls get birds and bees in their stomach though..."

You mentally face palmed and noted to smack Tucker later.

"And he said I should ask you to be my girlfriend..."

You looked at him and tackled him in a hug on the bed "Yes yes yes !"

He laughed and hugged you.

Both of you fell asleep on the bed cuddling.

××××

Sorry for the short chapter I've been lost in thought today.