Stupid Jokes (Donut x Reader)

You strut across the dirt field your deep red armor shining in the warm sun. You were recruited to the red team due to a lack of numbers. You didn't care you were just happy you were out of the stupid training facility. You step into the stone building that was oddly silent. "Hello?"

"Hi you must be the new guy!" yelled a high pitched voice running towards you. You grabbed its wrist and flipped it over on instinct pointing you gun at it. Three more soldiers came into the room.

"I didn't know there was a pink team what should we do with it?" you asked seriously.

"Kill her!" The goldish orange and maroon ones said in sync.

"As much as Id like to see that Donut is part of our team" The lighter red said; he must be the captain.

You let the poor girl go you girls had to stick together anyways. " Sorry Donut I like your pink armor" You said in an apologetic tone offering a hand.

"Its Lightish Red" she groaned and stood up.

"I'm Sarge and this is Simmons and Grif" Sarge said pointing to each member.

"I'm (y/N) " You said standing proud.

" That's a very feminine name for a guy" Grif said shifting his weight onto his other foot.

You role your eyes and put you hands under your helmet unclipping it from your armor. Your long (H/C) falls onto your back. You put you helmet under one arm and pull your fingers through you hair with the other.

"Can she room with me" Grif begs Sarge with drool running down his face.

"If I room with anyone its going to be her" you point to Donut " I don't do mix gender rooms."

"But that's n-!" Simmons starts but gets shut up by Donut.

" That's a great idea! Follow me to our room." She says walking away.

You follow behind while the other three stare in shock. What did they honestly think you would room with another guy?You pay close attention to the way you were going so you didn't get lost later. Donut holds the door open to a room you suspect to be hers. You admire the flowers and drawings signed neatly with cute hearts. "You like to draw?"

"Only when I get bored or cant sleep" she says sitting on the bed.

" Why cant you sleep?" You walk over and sit on the bed next to her.

" Its nothing"

You smile sympathetically " If you ever want talk about it Im here to talk ok?"

" Thanks... Hey how you want to sleep? Both share the bed. You take the bed and Ill take the floor?" She asks.

You yawn " we can share until I find a bed."

" Sounds good, you head to bed I have some.. things to take care of first" she says sitting at her desk and pulling out a pencil.

"Ok" you smile and strip your armor off neatly setting it on the floor next to your side of the bed. You stretch then sit on the bed pulling the covers over your body and placing your head on the pillow drifting off into the happy dream world.

Donuts POV

I feel sick. At first I thought it would be funny to continue the act of being a girl. But now .... she is so nice, beautiful, and doesn't deserve to be lied to. Ill tell her tomorrow hopefully she doesn't try to murder me like she did when we met.

Donut fought his mind for a few minutes before taking off his own armor making sure you were asleep and crawling into bed with you. He resisted wrapping his arms around you he already lied; being a complete perv would ruin any chance at being at least friends. He shut his eyes and tried not having another nightmare.

Your POV

You wake up to a warm body next to yours. Flickering your eyes open you realize your hands were on Donuts chest and quickly pull away but scrunch your eyebrow together when you realize there wasn't anything there. You place your hands on her chest on more time to check. Your assumption was proven correct it was like a guys toned chest. You look up and see a blond boys face breathing lightly in his dream land.

You cant decide to push him out of the bed out of anger, wait till he wakes up and yell at him... or just let him hold you because man he was hot.

Your thoughts were interrupted with his green orbs open. You stare for a moment his eyes were lazy but so beautiful you couldn't look away. He suddenly remembers the things he did and sits up.

" Im sorry I know you probably hate me. At first it was a joke and then I I found your really sweet and don't deserve this an- "

His rambles are interrupted by a slamming door.

He looks up and your gone. Sighing he puts on his armor; just another person that hates him.

××××

You walk out of the base and see the rest of the reds standing around a car.

" Hey how'd you sleep" Grif asks between chuckles.

" Why didn't you guys tell me?" You ask feeling betrayed.

"That Donut isn't a girl? Well because that wouldn't be fun. He makes it easy to laugh at him."

You cant help but feel sorry for him his team doesn't really like him no wonder he couldn't sleep some nights he didn't really have a friend to vent to.

" So you want to sleep in my room now?" Grif asks with a smirk.

You punch him and walk away.

" Ow! It was a joke!"

You turn around while walking " Yeh you guys seem to have a lot of bad jokes."

You sit on the roof of the base the rest of the day cringing every time you'd see Donut fall for one of Grif or Simmons stupid pranks to make fun of him.

When the sun set and a dark blue filled the sky you thought about where you were going to sleep now. There was no way you'd sleep with Grif or Simmons. Sarge... he was yiur Captain that would just be weird. You lay back and look at the stars. Donut did say sorry he even called you sweet. You sighed. You were falling for him. His dorky smile, his glowing eyes, his random personality even the stupid aspects of it. You stand up and follow the path you memorized to Donuts room. Knocking on the door you open it slowly peeking in. Donut sat on his bed with his head in his hands.

"What do you want Grif I don't have any food" he looks up when he doesnt hear a response. When he sees its you he raises an eyebrow. "(Y/N)?"

" Hey I still don't have a room and was wondering if I could stay here till I find one?" You ask still in the doorway.

He looks at you in shock " S-sure. Ill take the floor this time."

You take your armor off and set it down " you don't have too. It is your bed after all."

" o-ok " he stuttered.

You pull the covers over yourself leaving the room silent.

Donut POV

.... there is a girl in my bed. And she knows Im in here with her. WHAT PLANET IS SHE FROM?!

Donut searched his mind for any possible reason why you would be here other than the obvious that you actually liked him. He couldn't believe that. Grif already made it clear that girls didn't like his type. He started to think differently when he felt something warm against his back. He rolled over and you instantly wrapped your fingers around his shirt cuddling into his chest. He placed his arms on your sides hesitantly when you didn't reject he started to think.

Maybe Grif was wrong.