016 | sulfur

× Horan

Picture this: A room bursting with university students, reeking of Camden beer and sweat. A little grinding adventure in the corner and boys who look barely old enough to have finished secondary school talking to girl's way out of their league. The latest hits playing in one corner of the yard and body-thumping techno music blaring in the other, mixing together to make a terrible sound.

Welcome to the bonfire.

"Horan!" someone shouted and I spun to see Reece coming toward me. He was wearing a white shirt that was stretching across his chest with faded jeans. "This place is sick, so much better than last year. Did you just get here?"

"Yeah," I stated simply, looking around.

I saw a lot of girls in their swimsuits and the sound of splashing water drifted through the booming music. The huge fire hasn't been lit yet, but it was just a matter of time before it was.

Reese grabbed me by the shoulder and shoved me forward. "You have to come with me and the lads by the pool. Here, take this, you need it for the day you had at practice."

I took the can from him and looked at it as I followed Reese to where the other lads were at. I debated whether I wanted to drink tonight, but as soon as a blonde walked in front of me in the skimpiest bikini I had ever seen, I opened the beer and started chugging.

William, James, Thomas, and Matt had brought out lawn chairs to sit in as they watched the view of the pool. The others from the team were probably out mingling instead of sitting and drooling over woman's wet skin.

The pool was the backyard to the Aldersgate and Epworth Halls, which automatically makes it a hotspot for outdoor parties. Which means every year someone gets a surprise swim because of some bad blood.

"Where's Jace?" I asked.

James looked up at me from his seat. "I donno. I haven't seen him yet. Is he even coming?"

Before I could comment, I felt a gentle touch on my shoulder and another one on my waist. For a second I thought it would be Abby, but it wasn't. I actually had no idea who the girl was, but she was fit as hell and that was all that mattered. She had long black hair and was wearing a bikini two sizes too small.

"Hey, Niall," she hummed in my ear as her hand went down to my wrist and she tugged on it, motioning me to follow her.

I dropped my empty beer can on the ground and obeyed willingly to her request, following her out to where the people were dancing.

The girl's arms laced around my neck loosely and my hands fell to her waist. Her skin was hot under my touch as we swayed to the pop song that was blaring through the speakers. She locked on closer and our bodies were pressed together, her breath trailing along my chest that was exposed under my black Henley.

As the song changed to the next one, a flash of red appeared between the breaks in the dancing bodies that caught my attention.

I followed the color with my eyes so I could get a better look at who it was and saw that it was none other than Lynn Mercury.

She was only a few feet away, but I could see her perfectly in the dim lighting of the night.She was dressed so modestly compared to the girl in my arms, but yet so incredibly eye-catching at the same time. It was just a simple button-down burgundy shirt with the sleeves cuffed to her elbows, the first two buttons undone to reveal the hollow of her neck. It fit her body seamlessly, revealing her perfectly curved waist and toned stomach. She had on dark jeans that were rolled up just past her ankles and they fit her so snuggly around her legs and ass. To complete the look, she had on black Vans and her caramel brown hair was pushed away from half her face with a braid.