q&a

×

G A M E T H E O R Y

What kind of wedding do Lynn and Niall have?

Small, just immediate family and close friends. Its what Lynn wanted and Niall was 100% okay with that for two reasons: 1) he just really wanted to marry Lynn, so whatever she wanted, he wanted. 2) he already went through the hell of putting together a wedding. It happened in the spring after the engagement and took place at Jace's parent's cabin. The exchange of vows was outside by the lake with the mountains behind them, and everything else was inside. The song playing for the first dance would be "Start of Something Good" and then later in the hotel room, Niall would play Lynn the song he wrote her.

Do they have kids?

Of course they have kids! A girl named Leandra and a boy named Leo, their names both meaning "lion" to take after Lynn's mother's obsession. Niall would insist on putting them in soccer, but later on in life, one takes up art and the other chemistry. And Lynn and Niall are totally okay with that.

What is Anders doing? Is he still with Matt?

They are still together, making it work long distance as Anders teaches in Italy and Matt is playing in London. As soon as Anders has the opportunity to move, he wouldn't hesitate to go to Matt.

How did Niall leave Elise?

I had this written in chapter in 117 but had to cut it off at the very end for spoiler reasons. How I had written it was that it was a mutual decision; Niall was really only with Elise because it was safe and secure. Elise then explained that she had felt the same way - that she loved Niall, but it was more platonic and she never really knew that until Niall said it. That's pretty much what I had written.

What happened to Elise? Where is she now?

I imagine her living her life to the fullest. Settling down with someone she wasn't truly in love with probably scared her into being free and unattached. She's single and she has never been happier. Eventually she would find someone and settle down for real, but it will take some time.

What is Harry doing?

Harry and Jillian are both living together in a small town outside of London. They keep in touch with Lynn regularly and even attended her and Niall's wedding. They both have proper jobs and duet together at local pubs and coffee shops on the side.

What is Grandma up to?

She's got a cat, a calico named Patches. Still tends to her garden and picks up odd hobbies. Right now she is learning how to carve soaps. She enjoys the time when her grandchildren visit, otherwise she spends her days playing poker with her friends.

W R I T I N G

When did you start writing Game Theory?

Sometime around August of 2014.

How many pages and words is Game Theory?

I write each chapter in different word documents, so I had to go in and add everything up. Game Theory is 959 pages and roughly 415k words long.

What inspired you to write this story?

A lot of things. It first started when I read a book about a girl's dad being a soccer coach and he had recruited a player on the team and the girl wasn't supposed to get involved with the player (for a reason I can't remember now). I took that forbidden idea, as well as the new player, and made it into something my own. Some chapters were inspired by shows I might have been watching, like The Fosters and Shameless. Some of you have figured that out already.