066 | dysprosium

× Mercury

The concert festival was taking place in the Stamford Bridge Stadium.

The place was already packed even though the stadium was ridiculously large for only local bands. There was a high energy song playing through the large speakers as a tech crew set up equipment on the stage. On the field, people were already dancing with plastic cups of beer filled to the brim. The moon was nearly full tonight, shining down through the opening of the arena and illuminating the crazy crowd. Despite it being winter and the stadium not having a roof, no one wore a coat. The body heat was already intense that layering up was hardly necessary.

I came alone. At the time I didn't see it as a big deal, but as I made my way through the swaying bodies, I realized that it probably wasn't a very smart idea. I didn't really know what to do with myself. I wasn't even going to come to the festival, but as soon as I heard that it was free admission to anyone who went to Roehampton University, there was no more debate. I knew for a fact Annie was coming since she said she went every year; I should have just asked her if I could tag along. But alas, I didn't do that and now I was stuck alone and walking the circumference of the stadium until the first band starts to play.

I somehow managed to get to the front of the stage. It was at the edge and in front of a barricade that blocked off the dim hallway that led backstage, but it was the front nonetheless.

As I looked around, in hopes that I would find someone I knew, I felt my heart lurch in my chest when I spotted someone down the passageway, leaning against the wall as he fiddled with something in his hand.

"Harry!" I called as loud as I could so he could hear me above the pop song playing though the speakers.

His curly head popped up and looked around. The second his soft, green eyes saw me, a wide grin spread on his face, exposing those deep dimples I loved.

"Hey, Lynn," he said as he walked the few feet toward me. "It's good to see you."

"You, too! Are you performing tonight?"

"Yeah, the second act."

"I'm excited to finally see you perform," I admitted. "It sucked that I never had the time to watch you when you were preforming at dive bars."

"Maybe that's a good thing," he said, stuffing his hands in his back pockets. "Bar performances aren't our best."

Talking to Harry was easy, it had always been easy, and I fell into a comfortable state of mind. I was happy to see him, really happy. The way things ended between us wasn't ideal, but at least it was on good terms, and I was glad to see a familiar face in such a hectic environment. Being with him again felt safe, like everything that happened between the two of us didn't occur and we just started back up where we left off. It was nice. It had always been nice to talk to Harry, though, and I was glad our failed relationship didn't tarnish that.

"So how's the band doing, anyways?" I asked.

"It's going alright," he shrugged. "Eli's still an arse, though."

I laughed, thinking about that horrendous night at the club. "Still looking for a guitar player I take it?"

"Yeah. You would think they would be easy to find, but Sam and I aren't having much luck in that department."

"I'm sorry."

Harry was wearing black skinny jeans and a thin, white T-shirt. His brown Chelsea boots were worn down and the tattoos running up and down his arm seemed to glow in the light of the moon. It gave me a sense of comfort that even though things in my life have been changing rapidly; I could always rely on Harry's choice of attire staying the same.