A Way Out

Emmerich sat tied to a chair right next to the mirror Froggy was in.  Morina forced him to watch all the kids aging and dying.  Whenever one stopped glowing Emmerich and Froggy would get emotional.  This was the worst thing that could ever happen to them.

"Froggy I'm scared." Emmerich said.

"Don't worry we'll find a way to get out." Froggy said. Morina soon came back down the stairs with a little girl in her arms. Froggy instantly recognized her. It was Princess Hope.

"Hope!" Froggy said. "Don't you dare put one of your spells on her."

"Relax Charlie. I just put and sleeping curse on her. I don't want her youth." Morina said and set her down on a bed.

"Why are you doing this?"  Froggy asked.  "What do you get out of all of this?"

"I get to rule all the kingdoms."  Morina said.  "I would be Queen of the world."

"It won't end like that."  Froggy said.  "My friends will stop you."

"Oh I don't think so."  Morina said.  "And it's not me who they need to deal with.  It's Lloyd."

"Who's Lloyd?"  Emmerich asked.

"Your father."  Morina said and looked at him.

"B-but my father died before I was born."  Emmerich said confused.  Morina laughed and walked closer to him.  She bent down so she could look him straight in the eyes.

"No see, you were adopted.  Your mother was a sheep hearing coward who couldn't take responsibility.  So she sent you away."  Morina said.  "Your father Lloyd never knew about you."

"So your using him as leverage against Lloyd?"  Froggy asked.

"Of course I am."  Morina said and walked over to the mirror.  "If Lloyd gets out of line or doesn't stay true to our agreement...I bring Emmerich out."

"So who's my real mother then?"  Emmerich asked.

"Little Bo Peep."  Morina said.  "She died."

"You'll never get away with this."  Froggy said.

"That's highly unlikely."  Morina said.  "The only person powerful enough to stop the army outside has been dead for a little over a century."

"Who?"  Froggy asked.

"The Blue Fairy."  Morina said.

"The one from Pinocchio."  Emmerich said.

"I thought that was Skylene, or The Fairy Godmother."  Froggy said.

"That's what she had you think."  Morina said.  "The Blue Fairy ruled the entire world.  She was the most powerful fairy alive.  Immortal, and more power than you could ever imagine.  But one day...she was walking in these very woods and I kidnapped her.  I drained her of all her magic and killed her right there and then.  Her magic is the secret ingredient to my potions."

"So the Blue Fairy is the only one powerful enough to defeat this war."  Froggy said.

"Exactly."  Morina said.  "But like I said I killed her.  But there will be a new one soon according to the legend."

"What legend?"  Emmerich asked.

"The Legend of the Blue Fairy."  Morina said.  "The fairies say that whenever a Blue Fairy dies, magic chooses a new one a hundred years later."

"So a new one will be chosen soon."  Froggy said.

"Yes, but she won't be around very long."  Morina said.  "Lloyd and I have a plan for her."

Morina looked up the basement steps and saw a blue light coming from upstairs.  She quickly ran up the steps to her crystal ball.  It was glowing a light shade of blue.  She looked inside.

"The time has come."  Morina said.  "The Blue Fairy Is chosen."

Downstairs Froggy and Emmerich were thinking over all the new information they just learned.

"So when Little Bo was saying that she had lost someone she loved.  She was talking about me."  Emmerich said as he looked at the floor.

"Emmerich I'm so sorry."  Froggy said.

"How could my mother lie to me?"  Emmerich said.  "How could she not tell me that I was adopted."

"Emmerich, I was just thinking.  If your Lloyds son that means that your the Fairy Godmothers grandson.  You have magic."  Froggy said.  "Try and loosen those ties."

This probably would have been the best moment of Emmerich's life if his life wasn't on the line.

"Alex always says that magic is powered from the heart."  Froggy said.

Emmerich closed his eyes and thought about a moment when he was the happiest.  He suddenly felt the ropes around him loosening.  The ropes soon disappeared, he was free.

"I did it!"  Emmerich said and stood up.  "Want me to try and get you out?"

"No just go.  Not far from here is a cave."  Froggy said.  "Go there.  I think the witch Hagetta is there.  She's good don't worry.  Tell them about the Blue Fairy."

"Ok."  Emmerich said.  He opened the back door and ran out.  He ran and ran until he saw the cave.  Inside was Hagetta and a bunch of soldiers.  Hagetta saw him and stood up.

"Who are you?"  Hagetta said.

"I'm a friend of Connor Bailey.  His friend told me to come here.  I was kidnapped by Morina."  Emmerich said. 

"Come here."  Hagetta said.  Emmerich walked passed all the soldiers and over to Hagetta.  She looked at him and knew instantly that he was Lloyds son.  "Your Lloyd and Bo Peeps son."

"I just found out.  Yes."  Emmerich said.

"You may stay with us."  Hagetta said.  "You will be safe here."