A Change Of Heart

Morina walked to her cottage with the new baby boy in her arms. She walked inside and saw Lloyd stirring a potion in a cauldron.

"Your finally here." Lloyd said. "This is ready."

"Well I've got the baby." Morina said. "So pure and so innocent."

"Perfect." Lloyd said. "I just need the heart of a witch."

"Well don't look at me. I'm helping you." Morina said. "There's a bunch downstairs."

Lloyd opened the basement door and walked down the stairs. He walked over to a shelf full of hearts in a bunch of jars.

"How could you do this?" A voice said behind him. He quickly turned around and saw Froggy in the mirror.

"I forgot you were down here." Lloyd said and went back to looking at hearts.

"You didn't answer my question. How can you do this especially when you have a child?" Froggy asked.

Lloyd froze in his place. He didn't have a kid, or that's what he thought. He turned back towards him and crossed his arms.

"I don't have a kid." Lloyd said.

"Yes you do." Froggy said. He then realized that he had no idea what he was talking about. "You didn't know?"

Something in Lloyd just snapped. What if he really did have a kid. Lloyd felt something inside of him. Something weird. It was a feeling that he hadn't felt it a very long time. It actually felt like a feeling that he had never felt before.

"Are you telling the truth?" Lloyd asked.

"Yes. Did you seriously not know?" Froggy asked. Lloyd shook his head and looked at his feet. "Are you ok?"

"I'm not sure. Somethings happening. I feel something." Lloyd said.

"Is it love?  Happiness?  Maybe your incredibly dark heart is letting a little light in." Froggy asked.

"I have no idea." Lloyd said. "How could I love someone I've never met?"

"Because your son is your family." Froggy said. "How about you end all of this chaos and go meet your son."

"But this is what I've dreamed of ever since I was a kid." Lloyd said.

"Lloyd is this what you really want. To have an endless war. To hurt your family. The ones you've hurt the most are already dead. You have no family left." Froggy said. "But you do have your son, and a niece and nephew."

Lloyd thought about it. Something inside of him told him to stop all of this mess, but another part told him to smash the mirror and keep on going with the war. Lloyd didn't know what to do.

"Lloyd...listen to your heart. What is it telling you to do?" Froggy asked him.

"I'm going to follow the light." Lloyd said. "I want to meet my son."

"Go then." Froggy said. "He's in a cave not far from here."

"Thank you. I never thought I could turn good. It was always a thought in my head, but I never listened." Lloyd said.

"Well your listening now." Froggy said.

"Thank you, oh and don't tell Morina." Lloyd said and ran out the door.

Lloyd ran and ran through the Dwarf Forests. He soon found the cave Froggy was talking about.

"Let's go." Alex said from inside. She turned around and saw Lloyd at the entrance of the cave. "Lloyd. What are you doing here?"

"Alex please don't hurt me." Lloyd said and put his hands up.

"Why shouldn't she?" Bree said standing in front of Emmerich protecting him.

"Because I've changed." Lloyd said.

"How are we supposed to believe you?" Goldilocks said. She stood up and took out her sword. "You took my son."

"That was Morina. She took him for a spell I wanted to make. But I changed my mind." Lloyd said.

"What made you change?"  Connor asked and pointed his sword at him.

"I heard I had a son."  Lloyd said.  "I don't know.  Something inside of me just snapped.  I guess there was a little light inside of me and I let it come out."  Lloyd looked over at the end of the cave and saw Bree and Hagetta protecting Emmerich.  "Is that him?"

"I promised Bo Peep that I would protect him from you."  Hagetta said.  "You are not getting anymore children today."

"Please, I've changed."  Lloyd said.

"How are we supposed to believe you after everything you've done."  Alex said.

"You just have to."  Lloyd said.

Bree loosened up.  She had a strange feeling that he was telling the truth.  Maybe it was her new found magic or just her instincts, but she had to listen to it.

"He's telling the truth."  Bree said.

"What?"  Connor said.  "Bree look at all he's done.  How can you say he's innocent?"

"I have a feeling."  Bree said.

"Bree you can't just say he's innocent based on a feeling."  Connor said.

"I know, I know.  But what if he is."  Bree said.  She looked at Lloyd then back at Emmerich.  "There's only one way to find out."

She took Emmerich's hand and walked him over to Lloyd.  She placed him in front of her and she took a step back.  Connor was about to run up but Bree stopped him. 

Lloyd bent down and looked at his son.  He now knew the feeling he was feeling was happiness and love.  He took his son into a huge hug.  Emmerich hugged him back.  After 10 years of not having a father he finally had one.

"I guess he did change."  Connor said.

"Told you."  Bree said and smiled.

"Lloyd!"  Goldilocks said.  "Now that you've supposedly changed, give me back my son."

Lloyd stood up and walked over to the group.

"I don't have him.  Morina does."  Lloyd said.  "She's now way to invested in this."

"How do we stop this?"  Goldilocks asked.

"If you want to stop all of this, then an Heir of Magic has to kill Morina."  Lloyd said.  "I ask the Wicked Witch to cast a curse on Morina.  The Queen of Hearts was a little worried about this war so I told her that if she ever  wanted to stop all this.  She needed to kill Morina.  What if didn't tell her is that she needed and Heir of Magic to do it."

"So if Alex kills her, then it's all over.  The war, your spell."  Connor said.

"Exactly.  But you have to be quick."  Lloyd said.  "Morina will be finishing the spell very soon."

"Then we have to hurry.  Let's go Alex."  Connor said.  He looked around and couldn't see Alex anywhere.  "Alex?  ALEX!"

"She must have snuck out."  Goldilocks said.  "We have to go help her."

"You have to!  Because if she does kill Morina...then Alex will vanish from all the realms forever."  Lloyd said.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US THAT FIRST!"  Connor yelled.

"I forgot."  Lloyd said.  At this point, Connor wanted to just choke Lloyd.

"Hagetta stay here with Emmerich."  Connor said.  "We're going to save Alex."