The Stranger

Six Months Ago...

Alex woke up on a bed of bright green grass.  She sat up and she was surrounded by all different types of flowers.  She stood up and looked around.  She saw the Fairy Palace in the distance.  She looked at her dress, and she was wearing her sparkling blue dress and her flowery headband. 

Alex walked to the Fairy Palace.  It was back to its former glory.  Sparkling and shimmering as usual, and the sky wasn't filled with smoke, but it was a normal sky blue with white clouds.

She smiled and ran inside.  She looked around for her brother, or her friends.  She wanted to see them desperately and tell them that she was alive.

She ran up to her room, and she looked everywhere.  No one was around.  She didn't see any pixies either.

"CONNOR!"  Alex would yell when she searched the palace.  "ANYONE HERE?"

She went back downstairs and into the one room she didn't check.  The Grand Hall.  She walked in and expected to see the Fairy Council still stone.  But what she saw surprised her.  She saw her Grandmother (but she looked younger), her father, and another man about her grandmothers age.  He wore a blue suit and had brown hair and blue eyes.  They all turned around and saw Alex at the door.  They looked just as surprised as she did.

"Alex?"  The Fairy Godmother and John said in unison.

"Dad, Grandma?"  Alex said.  She ran up to them and gave them both a huge hug.

"Alex...what are you doing here?"  John asked concerned.  "What happened?"

"Did...did I...did I return to magic?"  Alex asked.  The Fairy Godmother and John looked at her with fearful and sad eyes.  Alex had gotten her answer.

"Did Lloyd do this?"  The man asked.

"Who are you?"  Alex asked.

"I'm your Grandfather.  My name is Joseph." He said.

"Your my grandfather? It's nice to meet you finally." Alex said.

"Alex...did Lloyd do this?" The Fairy Godmother asked.

"Yes, but it wasn't all his fault. I did it to save the Fairytale World." Alex said heroically.

"Alex, you could have thought of something else. There must have been another way." John said and kneeled down to look in her daughters eyes.

"There wasn't. They all tried to stop me, but it was my decision." Alex said. "I didn't want the Fairytale World to suffer anymore."

"Oh Alex." The Fairy Godmother said and hugged her again. "You have the biggest heart I've ever seen. I love you."

"I love you too." Alex said. John hugged his daughter again with more tears coming out of his eyes.

"Guys, do you mind if I talk to her in private?" Joseph asked. The Fairy Godmother and John nodded. Joseph smiled and took Alex out of the palace and into the same place she landed.

"What are we doing here Joseph?" Alex asked.

"You can call me Grandpa if you want." Joseph said.

"Ok...grandpa." Alex said and smiled.

Joseph also smiled. He had always wanted grandchildren. Even when he didn't get to see his own sons grow up.

"I'm going to give you a choice Alex." Joseph said. "You can either stay here with your father, grandmother and me, or I can send you back home."

"You can send me back home?" Alex asked sounding to good to be true.

"But there's a catch." Joseph said.

"What is it?" Alex asked.

"You will have no memory's. It's going to be like a complete reset of your mind." Joseph said. "You won't even know your name."

"Is there a way to get my memories back?" Alex asked.

"I'm not sure." Joseph said. "I guess you'll have to find out for yourself."

"So if I go back, I'll remember nothing, not even myself, but there might be a way to get them back. If I stay I'll never see my brother, my mother or my friends again." Alex said.

"That's right." Joseph said.

Alex took her wand out of her pocket and looked at it. She knew what she had to do.

"Send me back." Alex said.

"Are you sure?" Joseph asked.

Alex looked at her wand again and smiled. She knew her brother wouldn't stop looking for a way to get her back. She had to have faith that he would find her and find a way to get her memories back. Just then an idea came into her mind.

"What if you put my memories into my wand then send it back." Alex said. "Then you send me back with no memories. My brother will find the wand and will most likely take it as a sign that I'm alive."

"That could work." Joseph said. "Is that what you want?"

Alex nodded and smiled. Joseph took her wand. He waved it in front of her forehead, and Alex was instantly knocked out. Her wand glowed brightly. He waved his hand over the wand and it disappeared. Joseph bent down next to Alex and kissed her forehead.

"It was great meeting you Alex." Joseph said. He waved his hand over her body and she disappeared.