dear kitten // poe dameron

this was a lovely request from @AngelesLennon42 :) hope you like it!!

You woke up to a bright light shining through your bedroom window. You shield the light away from your face as you sit up in bed, remembering what today was and wondering where your husband Poe was. Today was your 21st birthday! You couldn't contain your excitement as you remember that 21 is a special age. But you were still wondering where Poe was. He was always still next to you in bed in the mornings.

You pulled on a nightgown and walked downstairs to see Poe with his work suit on and about to head out the door.

"Poe?" You asked him, making him turn his head towards you.

"Oh morning babe. I'm so sorry I woke you up. Work called in. " he said. You gave him an apologetic smile but realized he was about to leave.

"Wait, don't you remember?" You asked him.

"Remember what?" He asked. You couldn't believe it. He forgot your birthday.

"You know what, never mind. Just go to work." You said, turning around and  heading into the kitchen.

"Are you ok babe?" He asked you.

"Just go!" You said. He slowly opened the front door and left without saying a word. How could he be so clueless?

You got dressed and did your normal day of cleaning around the house, getting occasional calls from friends and family about your birthday since they all lived far away, and getting ready for training. You had training for about 3 hours today which sucks but you knew you could handle it.

*time skip*

3 hours later, you had come home at around 9:30 at night, with no sign of Poe. You felt your heart almost break in your chest. He didn't remember at all. A tear slid down your cheek as you walked upstairs.

You opened your bedroom door, expecting to see a messy, disheveled room, but you saw Poe, shirtless with roses, candles, lingerie, and a Kitten?!

"Poe, I," you said, no words could explain how amazing this was.

"Don't say anything. Just let me pleasure the special woman in my life for her birthday." He said.

"You got me a kitten?!" You asked him as he held the small thing in his hands.

"I bought a kitten for my dear Kitten." He said, smirking. You let the cat and he set it down on the ground so you both could enjoy your alone time. You wrapped your arms around his neck, kissing him passionately. His hands went to your waist and gripped at your ass.

"Maybe we should have some fun with these." He said, holding up the black lady lingerie he bought you. You blushed but agreed to put them on. You walked out of the bathroom and strut towards him in the beautiful lingerie.

"Damn, how did I get so lucky?" He said, grabbing your hips and pulling you close. Tonight would be a night you wouldn't forget.