Working

Hunter's POV

I woke up the next day feeling much better. I got out of my bed slowly and grabbed my bear before walking out of my room and down the stairs. Daddy wasn't down here. I walked back up the stairs and peeked in his room; not there either. I went to all the bathrooms before walking to his office. I knocked on the door before opening it.

There he was, sitting behind his desk. We was reading something with a highlighter in one hand and the pages in the other. He had glasses on and looked extremely stressed. I walked towards him rubbing my eyes softly. "Daddy?" I say, causing him to look up from what he was reading.

He took his glasses off and set the highlighter and papers down walking over to me. He crouched down to my level and looked in my eyes. "Daddy has a lot of work to do, baby boy. You can't come here right now unless you're hungry or something like that, okay?" He asks before ruffling my hair and walking back to his desk.

I look down and walk out slowly, dragging my feet. I close the office door and sit on the floor outside of it. An hour or so passes and I'm already extremely bored. I get up and walk to the couch but I can't find the remote anywhere. He must lock it up somewhere. I sit upside down on the couch pouting bad.

I'm bored. I wanted to play with Daddy. I began subconsciously picking at my arms and fidgeting slightly. I became so bored over the next couple of hours that I actually began craving a cigarette. My stomach growled but I chose to ignore it. He was busy and I couldn't bother him again. I tried playing with my toys to keep me busy, but everything was boring without Daddy.

I walked by his office a few times and thought about walking in, but just turned around and walked away. It was about 3:00 now and I was laying on my bed, looking up at my ceiling. I'm so unbelievably bored and my stomach won't stop growling. I got up slowly and walked to my door, peeking out slowly. I saw Daddy come out of his office, rubbing his temples slightly. I went and sat back on my bed and pulled my knees to my chest. I was still in my pajamas.

I heard his footsteps coming back and stop outside my door. He knocked before walking in. "Are you hungry, baby boy?" He asks as he rubs his eyes softly. "No." I say softly, hugging my bear tight. "Yes you are." He says, "You haven't eaten all day." I look down and hug the bear tighter. "I don't want anything." I say softly and I hear him sigh.

"Why haven't you came to get me like I told you to?" He asks as I tighten the ribbon around the bears neck softly. "Because I thought if I left you alone, you'd get done faster." I say and stare at my feet. I hear him sigh and walk over to me and sit on the edge of my bed. "You can't just go hungry because I'm busy." He says, looking at me with a stern look.

"I miss you." I tell him, looking at him slowly. He has bags under his eyes and some stubble growing in. He's stressed and I'm making it worse. He kissed my head softly and pulled me into his chest. "I miss you too." He says, holding my hand softly.

"When will you be done?" I ask, looking in his eyes. He plays with my hair slowly and kisses my forehead. "In a few more hours." He says and I pout slightly. He chuckles at me and I smile softly. It hasn't even been a day, but I missed him so much.

My stomach growls just then and he slowly stands up holding my hand. He brings me to the kitchen with him and sets me on a bar stool. I pout as I realize that him making me something will make his work last longer. "What do you want, baby?" He asks as he looks through the cabinets. "Cereal." I say and point at one of the boxes on top of the fridge.

He gives me a look and shakes his head. "No, honey. That's not going to fill you up." I pout and cross my arms as he instead heats up the sausage from before. I kicked my feet as he took the sausage from the microwave and put some on a plate for me and cut it into small pieces for me. I took the fork he gave and began to eat slowly.

He stayed in the kitchen and I watched as he took ibuprofen. He looked up and I stared at my nearly empty plate. I finished quickly so that he could return to work. He put my plate and fork in the sink and helped me down from the stool before walking back up the stairs. I whimpered softly and hung my head and he walked into his office. I missed him already.

I slowly walked up the stairs and into his room, climbing into his bed. I cuddled with his pillow and breathed it in slowly. It smelled like him. I closed my eyes and pretended it was him. I missed Daddy so much. A couple of hours passed and I was woken from a light nap when I heard his office door open. I could hear him walk towards my room and open my door before calling my name.

I sat up rubbing my eyes and holding his pillow as he walked into his room. The sun was setting outside and even in this light I could tell how tired and stressed he was. "M'sorry." I say to him before getting out of his bed, still holding his pillow. I walk past him to my room and go in, walking to my bed slowly.

I laid back down in my bed, not bothering with the comforter and cuddled with the pillow. I heard him walk to my door and come into my room. "Hunter." He sighs and sits on my bed. My back was facing the door and I closed my eyes. "Come lay back in my bed, baby boy." He says and I shake my head. "You get less sleep when I toss and turn." I say and bury my face in the pillow.

"No I dont." He tells me and I can hear how tired he is. "You're tired." I say and hug his pillow tighter. "Yes, I am, but I want you to come lay with me in my room." He says and I shake my head. I knew I was making him mad, but he needed to sleep. "Hunter, now. Come back to my room." He says, his voice stern and angry." I whimper and hold his pillow closer.

"No, Daddy." I say and shake slightly. I feel him scoop me up and carry me to his room. I squirm in his arms before he puts me on the bed. I go to get down again when he takes his shirt and pants off. I blush and stare at his body. He was only wearing boxers and I hid my face in the pillow. He climbed in the bed behind me and held me close. I tried to climb but his strong arms kept me there.

I felt his lap press against my back and I stiffened up slightly, my face going red. I buried my face in the pillow as I felt him slowly unbutton my pajama shirt and pull it off me. He then pulled my pajama bottoms off and I held the pillow tighter as I heard him yawn. "Now you're just like Daddy." He says, his words slurred.

I relaxed my body slowly as he kissed the back of my neck and held me tighter. He rubbed my chest and I closed my eyes, resting my cheek on his pillow instead. I giggled softly and he kissed my neck up and down softly. He was so tired it was funny. "Go to sleep, Daddy." I say as I too yawn. I can feel him nod against my neck, his stubble scratching me slightly.

The sun had set now and I felt so happy cuddled up against him like this. We stayed like that for about an hour before I could tell he'd fallen asleep. Not long after I fell asleep too.