Hunter, I'm Sorry

Kyle's POV

I woke up with a splitting headache and groaned loudly. I rubbed my head and looked around to see empty beer cans everywhere. Did I drink all this? How long had it been? I stand up slowly and walk up to Hunter's room. As I reach it I notice the doors looks to be kicked in and the room is scattered with dirty underwear and pants. What happened?

I pull my phone out to find about 50 missed calls from Tim. My calendar said it was Friday. Friday? I dropped Hunter off at that daycare Monday. Is he still there? I remember the drive home but that's really it. I call Tim and he answers on the second ring. "Hey, man." I say going to the kitchen and grabbing some aspirin.

"Don't 'hey, man' me." He says in a sharp tone. "Are you sober yet?" He asked and I grumbled back a yeah. "Do you know where Hunter is?" I ask him worriedly and I can hear him sigh. "He's at my house, he's been here since yesterday. He hasn't stopped shaking after what you did." He says and I stop in my tracks. What I did?

"What did I do?" I ask rather loud. "You fucking locked him in his room for three days. You gave him no food, no water, and even locked his bathroom door and wouldn't let him out to use the other one." He said and I sat down, my head in my hand. I did that? No wonder he was so scared. "I'm coming over." I say and stand up, hanging up the phone.

I quickly pick up all the empty beer cans and clean myself up along with clean up Hunter's room. I jump in car and drive to Tim's house as fast as possible. He kept trying to call me, but everytime I hit ignore. I pulled in his driveway and walked up to the door, knocking on it quickly. Ken opened it and looked up at me, before quickly slamming it shut again.

"Go away!" He yelled from behind the door and I knew it was true what I did. I open the door and see Ken giving me a look of anger but st the same time shook if fear. Tim came down the stairs and stood at the foot of them, crossing his arms. "You can't be here." He said and let Ken pass him.

I walked up to him and tried to get past only to have him punch me in the gut. I groaned and doubled over, still trying to get to Hunter. "Please, Tim." I say, holding my stomach. "Go home. He's terrified of you right now." He says and I close my eyes. I can't believe I did that. I look up to see Ken and Hunter peeking out of a room slowly.

Hunter was crying and shaking in his spot, his eyes wide as he stared at me. I quickly got up and ran past Tim, trying to get to Hunter. He screamed and they closed the door, locking it. Tim ran up to me and pushed me against the wall rather hard. I groaned and fell to the carpet slowly. "I said, go home. He won't see you. You locked him in his room, didn't feed him or give him anything to drink. Didn't even let him use the bathroom. You were drunk and you yelled at him. You scared him senseless. He might not be home for a while." He says and I put my head in my hands.

I cry softly, not caring about my ego anymore. I can't believe I took out my anger and stress on Hunter. He was so small and perfect, he didn't deserve that. I left him crying at the daycare, I know that much. I felt awful about it, but I had to work. One this lead to another and I guess I started drinking. I heard the door open and looked up to find Ken and Hunter peeking out.

"Close the door." Tim tells them. I'm still crying, and so is Hunter. He's shaking bad, staring at me as his shoulders move up and down rapidly and his breathing is ragged. . did that. I did that to him. Hunter takes a timid step closer and I cry harder as I hold my arms out for him. Tim is standing, staring down at me with his arms crossed.

Hunter takes another step closer and watches me closely. When I don't react he comes running to me and falls in my arms. I hold him against my chest tightly and stroke his hair. He cries into my chest, still shaking. "I'm sorry." I whisper to him softly.

"I'm sorry."