Scary

Kyle's POV

I look around for Hunter and find a small fort in the corner of the room. Mom and I decided to watch a scary movie and I didn't want Hunter to see it. I walked to the fort and bent down, moving the blanket door thing. He was there asleep, his mouth open and he drooled on the pillows slightly. I smiled and picked him up, wrapping the blanket door around him slowly.

I walked back to the couch and sat back down. He seemed pretty deep in sleep so I didn't bother taking him upstairs. I held him in my arms and rocked him gently patting his butt slowly. He cuddled into me as he slept and I noticed my mom had put on some movie about an exorcism. Mom and I were both horror movie fanatics, but I could easily tell Hunter wasn't.

The movie started and I focused my attention on the screen but continued to rock Hunter against my chest slowly. I should get him a playpen type thing for things like this. Mom watched the movie intensely and I chuckled slightly. She got so into these movies.

About 45 minutes into the movie, Hunter stared to stir. I didn't notice at first but when I looked down, his gaze was fixated on the screen. The current scene was one where a demon has possessed someone and there was blood and screaming and things like that. "Hunter!" I say and pause the movie. He could be traumatized.

I watch as tears fill his eyes and the fear begins to set in. He shakes and turned his head away from the screen hugging me tight crying softly. I rocked him slowly and mouthed to my mom I'd be right back. I carried him up the stairs as he shook in fear. I took him to my room and turned my t.v. to cartoons. It was getting late and I didn't need him up all night. I tried to lay him in my bed but he'd scream everytime I tried to.

"Don't leave me!" He yells as I try once more to lay him down. I bounce him on my knee softly and he looks around the room in fear. My mom walks into my room holding his bear and hands it to him slowly. He holds it tight and I rub his back slowly. "I'm gonna head out, Kyle." My mom says as she kisses my cheek. I nod and she kisses Hunter's head and tells him goodbye.

He's too scared to speak and I pick him up, carrying him to his room and sit him on his bed. Well, try to. He screams again and holds onto me tighter. "I'm just going to get you some pajamas, baby." I tell him and he lets go of me slow. I grab the bottoms and the top and walk back to him. His eyes are red and puffy and his nose has snot coming out of it and he's crying heavily.

I walk back to him and lay him on his back, pulling his shorts off and slip on his pajama bottoms. He lifts his arms for me and hiccups and I pull his sweater off. I put the top on and button it slowly. I pick him back up and he holds the bear in his small hands. I walk back to my room and lay him in the bed. He let's me go so that I can change.

I just take my shirt off and change into sweatpants. I climb in the bed and pull the comforter over us as I turn the light out. He hides in my chest and I stroke his hair soothingly kissing his head gently. I feel so bad for keeping him down there while we watched that movie. I rubbed his back soothingly for a while before his breath evened out. He had cried himself to sleep. I stroked his hair and closed my eyes, falling asleep as well.