Found

Kyle's POV

It had been four hours since anyone had last saw Hunter. He wasn't anywhere in or around our house. My friends, mother, and I all went out and began searching for him. We got no response. After two hours of searching I decided to call the police. They brought two police dogs and I had them sniff Hunter's bear. I hope no one took him, I hope he's okay.

Eventually we ended up in the woods, two miles away from our house. We wandered in the woods with the police for over an hour before we heard yelling coming from another direction. I ran to the other police man to see him pointing up a tree at some tree house. I looked up to see an arm hanging out of a small opening in the bottom.

I tried to go up but the police told me to stay back because it might not even be him. I felt myself growing angry at the police as they took forever to get a real, stable ladder. I watched as one woman climbed up, only to yell down the description of him. Wearing blue shorts with a white shirt and has brown hair. That's him. I watch as the woman trades places with a man and he begins carrying an unconscious Hunter down slowly. His white shirt was covered with dirt and ripped in some places. I heard the wail of an ambulance and followed as they rushed him to it.

He was on a gurney as they placed him in the back and I climbed in next to him. I heard the ambulance people talking about a concussion and other head injuries. I held his hand and kissed it softly closing my eyes. This was all my fault.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hunter's POV

I woke up to the sound of beeping and soft voices. I groaned softly and the voices slowly stopped. I opened my eyes to find at least ten different people surrounding me. I go to sit up but as soon as I do I feel someone push me back down gently. I turn my head to find Daddy sitting in a chair next to me, his eyes red and puffy. Had he been crying?

I looked around more around realized I was in a hospital. My face scrunched up in confusion and I rubbed my head softly. It was pounding and I was in immense pain. Daddy took my hands and kissed them softly. No one was saying anything. "Daddy?" I asked only to have him shush me.

I groaned slightly and pouted, making him smile. "You've been asleep for three days." He whispered, his lips resting against my hand. Three days? Really? "Why am I in the hospital?" I asked him as the other people left the room, setting down gifts and such. "You hit your head, baby boy." He told me, and suddenly I remembered everything that had happened.

My mood changed as I remembered what Paw had said to him. I looked away and turned onto my side, my back towards him. "Hunter?" I heard him ask, his voice small and broke. I could feel myself tear up and I held the hospital blanket around me tighter. "Just go home, Kyle. Don't let me inconvenience you." I say to him quietly. That came out harsher than I would've liked, and I felt so mean.

"What?" He asked and I felt his hand on my shoulder. "What are you talking about?" He asked me. "I heard what your dad said. I'm only going to make your life harder." I say softly, crying silently. I suddenly feel myself being turned back over gently, followed by him wiping my tears away slowly. "Hunter, what Paw said was just him being a bad person. If he can't accept us and our relationship, then I'd rather not have his inheritance. You're much more important to me. I love you."

I cry harder as I listen to what he says. I sit up fast before he can object and hug him tight. My head is pounding and I feel dizzy but I didn't care. He hugged me back gently and I closed my eyes. "I love you too." I whisper back to him as he rubs my back. He slowly lays me back down in the bed and I smile. "I'm okay, Daddy." I tell him, watching as he smiles in return.

"You still need your rest." He replies as he presses a button on my machine. He tells me that it's to give me more pain medicine when needed. "When can we go home?" I ask as he pulls the blanket back up to my hips. "Tomorrow." He tells me as he hands me my bear. I smile and set my bear next to me and hold his hand instead. He looked so tired and worn out. "Have you slept at home?" I ask him.

I watch as he seems reluctant to answer and I know that means he hasn't. "Please go sleep in your bed." I say to him as I feel the pain medicine begin to kick in. He shakes his head and kisses my hand softly. "One more night in here with you won't kill me." He responds and I smile. I yawn softly and he dims the lights.

I notice he's set up the small window couch thing for himself. I can easily tell it's too small for him and not comfortable at all. I pull his hand slightly and scoot over in my bed. "Please lay with me." I say as I rub my eyes. He smiles and kicks his shoes off before climbing in the bed with me. I stretch slightly and lay my head on his chest, and before long I fell asleep.

Daddy On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara