A Day Out Pt. 2

Hunter's POV

  I watched in jealousy as Daddy held the baby and rocked her, playing with her. I stared at the menu and didn't find anything particularly appetizing. Daddy leaned towards me and I felt his eyes on me. "What do you want, Hunter?" He asked. "Nothing." I mumbled grumpily. "Well, you're getting something. So choose, or I will." He said. I turned away from him, staring out the window.

  I could tell he was getting angry, and I started getting a bit scared. I shook slightly as I pointed at the chicken tenders and fries. He sighed and told the waitress as she came up. I heard Daddy humming softly and turned to find him humming to the baby. I turned back away and teared up slightly; he didn't even hum to me.

  I excused myself and got up, walking to the bathroom slowly. I closed and locked the stall, sitting in the back of it crying softly. I heard the door open and I knew there were people coming in. I covered my mouth and tried to cry quieter. I stood up and wiped my eyes, unlocking the door. Right as I went to open the door, it swung open, hitting me in the face and stomach.

  I fell to the floor, groaning. "Oh shit, I'm sorry, man." I heard some guy say as he helped me up. "It's fine." I said, pushing past him to the mirror. My eye was bruising up and I had a small cut on my forehead and my lip. I lifted my shirt to see my stomach bruising as well. I sighed and walked out and back to the table slowly.

  I sat down and looked back out the window. Our food had been brought to us, but I wasn't very hungry. Daddy and Lilla's Mommy and Daddy made small talk as they ate, and Daddy had put the baby back in her carrier. "Hunter, eat." I heard Daddy say, and I turned away from him slightly. "I'm not hungry." I mumbled, hearing him sigh.

  "Yes you are. You ate three hours ago." He said, but I chose to ignore him. He pulled my chair closer to his and I felt his breath on my ear. "Eat. Now." He said, and I turned to him. I heard him gasp as he saw my face. "I'm not hungry." I say before turning back. "Hunter, what happened?" He asked, but I ignored him once more.

  He turned me back towards him and held my head in place as he stared at my face. "What happened?" He asked again, but I crossed my arms. "Doesn't matter." I said, staring at the table. "Yes it does. What happened?" He asked again, his voice concerned. "Why do you care?" I asked, feeling slightly angry. He didn't care about me nearly as much as the baby five minutes ago. He looked taken aback and I felt kind of bad. I got up and ran outside, but I could hear him close behind.

  I didn't want anything to do with him right now. I looked around and ran towards a tall tree near the end of the street. I could hear him calling my name but I ran faster. I reached the tree and began climbing up as quick as possible. I reached a branch about halfway up the tree and sat there, pulling my legs to my chest.

  I looked down to find him there, panting, his hands on his knees. He looked up into the tree and I saw him give me an angry look. "Come down, Hunter." He said and I shook my head. "Leave me alone." I said, crossing my arms. "Either you come down or I come up." He said and I scoffed slightly, turning my head away slightly.

  Why doesn't he just go back and eat and play with Hannah again? I looked down to find him climbing the tree quite quickly. I climbed up higher until I reached the thinner branches at the top. "Hunter, come down now. You're going to get hurt." He said, and I could tell how angry he was. I teared up and shook my head. "Go away." I said, and watched as he stopped climbing.

  "Why?" He asked, seeming less angry and more hurt. "Because." I said, crying silently to myself. "Hunter, why?" He asked again. I dug my finger nails into my arms slightly and I could feel myself shaking. "Just go away." I said again, this time softer. "Tell me why." He said as I felt his hand touch my ankle softly. I pulled away and cried softly.

  "Because I'm not a real kid, or a real baby. I can't be what you really want. Just go play with Hannah or something and leave me alone." I say, turning my head away crying harder. "Hunter." I heard him say softly, sounding hurt. "Go away." I said again as I got ready to climb higher. I felt him grab my ankle and I looked down to see his eyes full of tears.

  "Are you saying you don't want to be my child anymore?" He asked as he clenched his teeth. I could tell he wasn't doing it out of anger, but out if fear. I started to feel awful and I hung my head. "No. I'm not saying that." I say softly as I begin climbing down. I let go of the branches for a few seconds and fell a few feet before grabbing the branches again.

  I climbed to the bottom and sat there, waiting for him. He jumped to the bottom and sat next to me before pulling me on his lap. He held me to his chest and rubbed my back softly. "I love you, baby boy. You know that." He said and I gripped his shirt tightly. "But you loved Hannah more just a few minutes ago." I whispered out softly and I felt him stiffen up slightly.

  "No I didn't, Hunter. I'll always love you more than anyone and anything. You can trust me on that." He said, kissing my neck softly. I shook bad and cried hard, burying my face in his neck. "I'm sorry that I made you feel like I loved her more." He said as he stroked my hair. I pulled back slightly and sniffed, rubbing my eyes. "Am I in trouble?" I asked nervously, still shaking.

  "No, baby boy. But if you ever run off like that again you will be." He said as he lifted me up slightly. I nodded and hugged him tight. We walked back to the restaurant and said bye to them and gave them to money to pay for our half of the meal. I waved bye to Lilla before we walked out. Well, I was carried. I hiccuped softly and Daddy rubbed my back as we made our way to the car.

  "So what happened, baby boy?" He asked, referring to my face. "Some guy accidentally opened the door when I was walking out and hit me in the face and stomach." I said as I lifted my shirt, showing him my bruised stomach as well. "Poor baby." He said, kissing my stomach softly before buckling into my seat. I closed my eyes and yawned softly as we drove back to the beach house. A few minutes into the drive, I had fallen asleep.