I Love You

Hunter's POV

I woke up as we pulled into our driveway and rubbed my eyes. Seeing Daddy so broken and upset I knew I had to come home. I knew he wouldn't do it again after he found out what he'd done this time. I felt myself being pulled out and I hugged my bear, resting my head on his shoulder slowly. I stroked my hair and unlocked the door slowly.

We were silent, not really saying anything. I think he was scared to. He tried setting me down and I held on tighter. He seemed surprised. "I promise I won't ever do that again, baby boy." He says and I smile. I know he won't. We lay on the couch, me on his chest. He played with my hair and I could feel myself physically relax.

"Your hair is growing out." He says and I pout slightly. That means I'll have to get it cut again. He chuckles and kisses me softly. He turned the t.v. on to some Disney movie but I didn't really pay attention. I was kind of scared still but I trusted him. "Are you hungry?" He asks and I nod but wrap my arms around him tight. I don't want him to get up.

He smiles and strokes my hair slowly as he sits up and picks me up with him. I leave my bear on the couch as we walking into the kitchen. He sets me on one of the bar stools and takes out stuff to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He hands it to me and I eat it quickly, leaving the crust on the plate. He watches me and I can't help but to blush.

He throws the crust away and puts the plate in the sink before grabbing my hand and we walk back to the living room. We sit on the couch and I sit with my back against his chest. He shifts slightly against I feel his hand on my right thigh rubbing it soothingly.

His hand reaches where my pocket is and he looks at me curiously. "What is that?" He asks and I look down nervously. Tim had given me a little "present" to help calm me. At least that's how he put it. I feel Daddy's hand reach in my pocket and pull out the box of cigarettes and I hung my head in shame. It was a fresh pack, I hadn't even opened it.

"Who gave you these? Why do you have them?" He asks, lifting my head to look at him. "Tim. He said he knew they'd relax me so he gave them to me." I say, looking in his eyes shaking slightly. "Do they relax you?" He asks, looking back in my eyes. "T-They do when I'm feeling really anxious or scared, but I didn't smoke any I swear!" I say, whimpering in fear slightly.

I see him staring at the box of cigarettes before he opens it and hands one of them to me. I hand it back slowly but he doesn't take it. He nods his head towards the front door and I look down. I didn't want to smoke, why was he encouraging me to do it? "Don't make me." I say weakly and he lifts my head.

"These past few days must have been stressful and scary, and because of me. I think you deserve one." He tells me as he strokes my cheek. He looks on the verge of tears and I take the box and put it all on the table next to the couch. I nuzzle my head in the crook of his neck and he hugs me tight. "It's okay." I whisper as I tangle my fingers in the hair at the back of his head slowly.

I can feel him rest his head on my shoulder and I can tell he's crying. I didn't mind. I was supposed to be here for him, no matter what. I was his baby boy and he was my Daddy, but other than that we were lovers, even if we hadn't said it. I knew I loved him, and I cared about him. He was my world, and technically we were even boyfriends, even though he hadn't really asked.

I closed my eyes and let him cry on my shoudler. I knew he felt bad for what he'd done, but I did my best to let him know it was all okay now. I forgave him and I know he won't do it again. He slowly pulled his head away and I looked up at him. His eyes were red and puffy and tears rushed down his cheeks.

I wiped his tears slowly and kissed him softly. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me back gently. I closed my eyes and he held me tighter, like he was scared I was going to leave. He pulled away first and I opened my eyes to see he had stopped crying. I smiled at him lovingly and he smiled back weakly.

"I love you." I whispered out nervously. I watch as his face lights up and he smiles, hugging me against him tight. "I love you too." He says and I feel myself relax, hugging him back. We pull away from the hug and he strokes my hair slowly. We stare at each other for a while, and I can't help but to think of our future. Will we get married? Will we get a pet?

I yawn and rub my eyes. Daddy kisses me softly and picks me up, carrying me up the stairs. He holds my bear in his other hand but I make no real attempt to grab it; right now, Daddy was my teddy bear. We go into his room and I tilt my head confused. "Sleep with me tonight, please." He says and I nod. He sets my on the bed and hands me my bear.

I yawn as he walks to his dresser and brings me back a plain white shirt for me to wear. It was obviously way too big for me, but I didn't mind. He pulls my shirt and shorts off, along with my socks and shoes before slipping the shirt on over my head. I lay back in the bed and close my eyes, waiting for him to get in with me.

I open my eyes as he climbs in, wearing only his boxers. I smile tiredly and he chuckles at me. Pulling me into his side, he kisses my forehead softly and pulls the comforter over us. I yawn and stetch, closing my eyes once more. "I love you." He says as he turns out the light.

"I love you too."