A Day Out Pt. 1

Hunter's POV

  I'd woken up many times after that, but finally fell asleep for the night around ten, after Daddy had rocked me to sleep. I woke up the next morning and stretched big, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. The blanket fell down and stopped at my waist, exposing my body to the cold air. Daddy had put me back in a diaper, saying I looked cute in them.

  I looked around the room to find Daddy on the balcony, the door open. He stood there, staring out at the ocean. I got up slowly, only in the diaper and walked out onto the balcony slowly. Daddy hadn't noticed me yet and so I jumped at him and made a noise, hoping to scare him. He didn't even flinch. He laughed and smiled, picking me up and holding me on his hip, kissing my cheek.

  "Morning, baby." He said, bouncing me slightly. "Morning." I say, rubbing my eyes softly. "You don't mind the diapers, right, baby boy?" He asked as he checked my diaper. "No, Daddy." I replied, staring out at the ocean smiling. "I love you." I heard him say as he rested his head on mine. "I love you too." I said, kissing his cheek.

  He brought me back inside and set me on my feet and he went through the drawers, picking out an outfit for me. He put me in a pink tank top and khaki, knee-length shorts, and white socks. He wore a light blue tank top and beige cargo shorts along with short black socks. I jumped down down the stairs to find Maw in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

  I licked my lips and smiled, peeking over the counter at her. Her back was turned and she was at the stove, so slowly, I reached for a sausage link. I squeal as I felt Daddy scoop me up and toss me over his shoulder. "You have to wait, Hunter." He said, causing me to pout. He set me on the counter and removed the bandages, pushing my hair to the side.

  I giggled and smiled, kicking my feet. Maw finished cooking and set it all on the counter, patting my head softly. I giggled and reached for the sausage once more only to have Daddy set me on my feet, giving me a stern look. I pouted and crossed my arms, making a small 'hmph' noise. He kissed my head and made us each a plate, walking to the dining table.

  I followed him and he put me on his lap, cutting up the sausage and bacon slowly. He fed me, taking bites of food as we went along. I leaned back against him and smiled, waiting for him to finish his food. He had one arm wrapped around my waist as he ate with the other. I watched him, smiling to myself. He looked towards me and swallowed his bite, kissing me softly.

  "You ready to go, baby boy?" He asked, causing me to tilt my head. "We're going out today." He said, putting his plate in the sink. "Is Maw coming?" I asked, as I watched her doing the dishes. "No, baby. She's staying here for a bit." He said, putting my shoes on and tying them tight. He put his shoes on and picked me up, carrying me out to the car.

  He ran back inside quickly and came back out with a diaper bag. I blushed and smiled and he put me in my seat, buckling me in. He got in and we drove around before coming to a long strip of stores. He parked the car and grabbed my hand as we crossed the street, not letting go as we got to the stores.

  "It's very busy here, baby. Don't let go of my hand." He said, pulling me to a stop and looking in my eyes. I nodded as I began pulling him along. He chuckled and held onto my hand tighter as I pulled him into a store. The store sold mostly girl clothes, but a few of the shirts caught my eye. I pointed at one that seemed to be tight fitting and had flowers on it.

  Daddy checked the size before handing one to me and I pulled him to the changing rooms. I heard him chuckle and I smiled, running behind a curtain and closing it. He tried to walk in but I held it closed and I heard him huff. "Why can't I come in?" He asked as I pulled my tank top off. "Because I want you to be surprised." I told him and heard him huff once again.

  I slid the shirt on and smiled as I looked at myself in the mirror. I reached to just above my belly button and squeezed my chest slightly. I opened the curtain and watched as Daddy's smile turned into a frown. I looked down at it and whimpered slightly. "You don't like it?" I asked as I looked back up at him. He crouched down and stroked my cheek softly. "I like it a lot, baby boy. I just think it shows a lot of skin. If you get it I don't want you to wear it outside." He said, giving me a serious look.

  I nodded and smiled big, hugging him tight. He slipped the shirt off me and pulled my tank top back on quickly before pulling me out of the fitting room. He set in on the counter and the woman behind it smiled at us cheerfully. We paid and left, Daddy taking my hand in his again. As we were walking around the strip I noticed someone who looked familiar.

  I pulled Daddy along to get a closer look and I found it was exactly who I thought it was. Lilla. I let go of Daddy's hand and ran to her, hugging her tight. She let out a squeak and turned to find me holding her tight as possible. She smiled big and hugged me back just as tight. "Hunter!" She exclaimed, letting me go slightly and looked me over.

  "I've missed you!" She said as she pulled me back to her in a tight hug. I hugged her back and told her I had missed her too. Her Mommy and Daddy stood to the side, watching us with smiles. I turned my head to find Daddy running to me. He stopped in front of Lilla and I and took me out of her grasp. "I told you not to let go of my hand. You could've been hurt." He said, scolding me.

  I hung my head and rubbed my legs together slightly. "I'm sorry, Daddy." I whispered to him softly as he stood back up and put me on his hip. "So why did you run here?" He asked, looking at Lilla, and her Mommy and Daddy. "This is my friend Lilla. That's her Mommy, and that's her Daddy." I said, pointing at each one of them. Lilla waved and Lilla's Daddy gave my Daddy a handshake.

  "And this is Hannah." Lilla's Mommy said as she held a small baby carrier toward us. Daddy set me down slowly and crouched down, playing with the small baby slowly. I watched as they played and he made her giggle, feeling sort of left out. I scooted closer to Lilla as she watched the three adults talk with a smile. "She's Daddy's niece. We're watching her for my Aunt." She said, turning to me.

  I nodded and half listened as she talked, watching as Daddy took the baby out of the carrier, and bounced her softly. Like he'd do with me. I felt my face drop and I looked away, right as I heard them saying something about lunch. Daddy agreed and we walked together to our cars, Daddy carrying the baby the whole time. We got to the car and Daddy buckled me in my seat, smiling to himself.

  I slumped in my seat, staring out the window. I was feeling jealous, but I didn't have a real reason for as to why. We pulled into a parking lot for a seafood place and Daddy unbuckled me before walking towards Lilla's car. I got out slowly, dragging my feet slightly. I stood next to Daddy as he once again held the baby. We walked into the restaurant and got a table almost immediately.

  We sat at a table, Daddy sitting next to me with the baby. I scooted away from him slightly and sat grumpily in my seat, looking at the menu. I knew this lunch was going to suck.