Back Home

Kyle's POV

I woke up extra early the next morning and got us packed quickly. Mom was going to drive home in my car, which I didn't mind, but I couldn't do another car ride that long. I get car sick so easily, so that ride was hell. I decided I was going to sneak Hunter onto a plane while he was still asleep. That sounds so mean of me, but I couldn't endure another car drive.

I stopped and stared at him, smiling to myself. He was laying on his stomach, his hair all messy, and was drooling slightly as he snored. We didn't go to sleep until around one or so, and now it was six A.M., so he should be pretty deep in sleep. After our, um...session, we just cuddled and talked for a while. It was wonderful. I watched as his hand fell off the bed and hung by the side.

His ring gleamed in the light and I smiled proudly. He was going to be mine forever. As my little, or just as my Hunter. Either way, I couldn't ask for someone better. He technically turned twenty yesterday, and I couldn't help but smile happily to myself as I took our bags to the car. I came back up the stairs and was happy to find Hunter still asleep.

I picked him up slowly and slipped some sweatpants and a sweatshirt on him. He cuddled into my chest, still deep in sleep and I felt myself tear up happily. I held him closer and grabbed his bear, carrying him down the steps gently. I set him in the backseat and kissed his forehead softly and I buckled him in, setting the bear in his lap.

I sat next to him and just watched him sleep as I waited for Mom. He seemed so peaceful and I sighed. How'd I ever get so lucky? That was the only thought on my mind. I look at Hunter and all I want to do is hold him and kiss him and give him presents. I want to watch movies with him while we cuddle and I want to cook him every meal. I want to see him smile and hear him laugh.

The way he scrunches up his face and his eyes crinkle when he smiles big, the way he throws his head back when he laughs. All of his little quirks, I've fallen in love with every one. I love the way he follows me around and I love carrying him. He just fits in my arms perfectly, I never want to let him go. I look up to see Mom coming to the car and I kiss his forehead softly before climbing in the front seat.

I lower the sunshade and flip open the mirror, watching him like that while Mom pulls out of the driveway. I have a smile planted on my face and I don't mind that my mom can see me. "You better invite me to the wedding." I hear her say softly. I look towards her and kiss her cheek softly. "Of course, Mom. Both you and Dad." I say, telling the truth.

"He'd like that." She says, not taking her eyes off the road. I doubt that's true, he probably wouldn't even show up. I smile regardless. I hope he does come, I want him to see how happy I am with Hunter. We pull into the parking lot of the airport and we park, getting a spot pretty close. I get out and grab my duffel bag, throwing it over my shoulder as Mom grabbed Hunter's suitcase.

I opened the back door and slowly pulled Hunter out, cradling him close as I grabbed his bear as well. I kissed his forehead and we walked towards the entrance. We went through the process and I told Mom I'd see her later before I carried Hunter onto the plane. I had rented a pair of one of those soundproof headphones, so that Hunter wouldn't be woken up by the loud talking of others.

He snored lightly and clutched his bear in his sleep, the headphones on him already. I climbed the plane and found my seats. I had bought two in first class because I at least wanted Hunter to be comfortable when he woke up. I put him in the seat by the window before getting comfortable in my seat. I pulled him into my side as I moved the arm in between us out of the way.

He breathed evenly and I stroked the back of his hair softly as I leaned back in my seat. A woman came by and gave us each a blanket. We'd be back home in just a few hours, so I hoped Hunter would stay asleep for the whole plane ride. I wonder why he was so scared of planes. I wrapped one of the blankets around him and the put the other over my legs.