Prologue: Just Another Boring Day

👉👌 Luke's POV 👌👈

Hey! How are you? You doin' good? Well, I am doin' swell. Not.

When I walked into school today I was scared shitless, worried that I could possibly have one of the worst days ever.

Why you ask?

Well let me break it down for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday.

When I woke up, I opened my eyes and winced at how groggy they felt. I was a little more excited than usual because tomorrow something good is going to happen.

But then, my body decided to freaking urinate on my great mood.

"Ugh." I groaned as a wave of exhaustion hit me. When will my body learn to get used to the fact that I wake up at Seven thirty?

I get out of bed and walk into the bathroom. I sighed. At least something good is gonna happen tomorrow.

Oh yeah right.

Tomorrow is my Birthday.

~~~

I walk downstairs preparing myself for the emotions that are about to hit me in

Three

Two

One....

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE!" My family screamed in unison.

"Morning." I said back smiling.

You might be wondering.

'Why are you celebrating your birthday the day before?'

Well my dear brain, that is because my family has a different tradition.

The week of someone's birthday we will start celebrating, the week turns into a birthday party. Sunday is like arriving, you get a few happy birthdays, maybe some snacks and a few hugs. Monday is the start of the four day activities. Each day has a different family game and you might not even know what the games are but you know they will be fun. Friday is the cake and presents from the whole family.

And Saturday is the actual birthday party and now a days I usually just go to a restaurant or movie with my friends and family since of course the week already was enough "party" for me.

My birthday fell on a Tuesday so I would get a special breakfast.

Yum.

~

I walk into school looking around for one of my friends.

Yup

You heard correctly.

'Luke Chang the most boring kid ever has a friend?'

No, not one friend

But Four!

GASP

I roll my eyes at my inner banter and walk towards the tree outside in the back that we always meet up at.

Yeah I know

'Why are you meeting outside?'

'Why don't you just meet at one of your lockers or something?'

Well we have been friends since middle school and we have always done it like that.

I roll my eyes again annoyed with myself for continually insulting my own decisions.

Wow I am so stupid.

Stupid because I managed to smack straight into a wall because I was rolling my eyes.

ROLLING MY EYES!

Isn't it supposed to be because I was not looking?!

I guess not because rolling your eyes can cause it too.

I stumbled back from the force and shook my head before looking up to see the sexiest man alive.

What?

Did I just call a man sexy?

Apparently because now I was blushing for two reasons.

"S-sorry." I said nervously from the fact that he didn't move an inch from the force of the hit.

He looked down at me for a second before walking away like nothing happened.

"Well that was fun." I mumbled under my breath before getting up and walking away myself.

~

"Hey guys!" I said once I was close enough to the tree realizing that crash I had took up more time then I thought since Sean was here before me.

He was always the last one to come.

Always

"Hey Luke! What took you so long." Asked Aubrey my best friend.

"Let's just say never roll your eyes while walking." I told them.

"Umm ok." Said Layla as everyone else just chuckled.

I rolled my eyes again making sure I was standing still.

"So what are you having for breakfast tomorrow?" Hunter asked changing the subject.

"Um I don't know my mom is making it a surprise." I told them.

They all nodded their heads knowingly.

My friends know all about the tradition so they get how it works.

After we talked for a few more minutes the bell rang and we rushed to our classes saying goodbye to each other.

Me and Hunter were in the same class and Aubrey and Layla were too so Sean had to go to his class alone.

Poor Sean.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, if you are reading this then I just want to let you know that I have had this Idea for a while.

It actually took me a while to get the nerve to write The Other Guy and I got the idea for this story a day or two after I got the idea for The Other Guy so I waited a bit longer for this one.

But when I suddenly got a bunch of ideas for this one I knew I had to at least write it down so here is a tester. The real stuff is starting next Chapter and let me warn you.

This is going to be HELLA dramatic, so be prepared

Anyway,

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow, or anything else you can do with this story and I will see you next Chapter! Bye!!!👋👋👋