Chapter 15: Dead bodies

*Edited*

👉👌Luke's POV👌👈

Layla and I entered the cafeteria quickly heading over to the ridiculously long lunch line for something to eat.

I was lazy today and thought it would be a good idea to just get lunch here.

No offense to the cooks but I am starting to regret it.

"Gosh, I actually can't remember the last time I had to get lunch from the cafeteria." I said to Layla in disbelief.

She thought for a moment.

"Probably five months ago when you woke up late for school and just had to rush out of the house." She supplied.

"Oh yeah," I nodded, my memories suddenly coming back. "My family went to visit our cousins for the long weekend and we got back after one. No wonder I woke up late." We moved foward in line nearing the front.

"Totally understandable. Sleep is life, I probably would've arrived like half an hour before the final bell." Layla paused suddenly thinking. "Actually scratch that, I would've skipped."

I laughed out loud at that. Earning myself a side eye from the lunch man currently scooping up mashed potatoes for the girl in front of us.

I think his name was Dave but I wasn't sure.

"Hey Dave." I greeted him, flashing my best smile and hoping I got his name right. "How's it going?"

Dave gave me a look but I assumed it was just natural sass since he didn't say anything about the name.

"Hi," he drawled boredly, pulling the spoon out of the potatoes. "You want potatoes?"

I stared down at the pale white slop.

"I'm gonna give it a pass. Thanks for asking though." Dave just put the spoon back into the mashed potatoes, not saying another word as he looked at Layla instead.

Guess we're done talking.

"Hey kid," I heard Dave say right before I moved completely past him. "The name's Rob."

I felt myself flush when I realized that I completely messed up his name.

"Right, Rob. I'll be sure to get it right next time!" I promised the man, but by then he was already ignoring me again.

Well that was fun.

I moved down the line, getting pizza, soda, and some yoghurt thing.

All important parts of a nutritious breakfast.

Obviously.

~~~

Telling everyone about Hunter and I's brilliant plan was actually pretty uneventful.

Yes they all were excited but it wasn't nearly as explosive as it should've been.

And yes I am overreacting.