Chapter 8: First Is The Worst! Second Is the Best!

👉👌Luke's POV👌👈

I chewed my cereal slowly as thoughts raced through my head so fast that Usain Bolt would've been lapped more than fifty times.

No Jamaican or Canadian could catch them with their speed. ;)

Now, why are my thoughts springing for the world record?

Because I have presently found out that Layla's boyfriend of one year tried to rape me.

Though I should be thinking about the fact that someone tried to rape me again I can't focus on it when I know that Layla is going to be hurt when she finds out.

How is she going to find out?

Well, I'm gonna tell her of course!

I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't.

But . . .

The fact that I have to is really getting to me.

Layla has the worst cry ever.

Like it's hysterical.

Her smile opens and literally turns upside down and her lip is popped out and it always sounds as if she is singing and coughing at the same time.

It is funny and sad at the same time and I don't want her to go through that.

But unfortunately,

I don't have a choice.

~

I left for school early so I could prepare how I was gonna tell her even though I have been thinking about it since yesterday's lunch.

Aubrey arrives first and I am a little relieved that I won't have to face Layla yet.

Aubrey and I talk for a bit sharing jokes and gossip like usual until she stops all of the sudden.

"What's wrong?" She asks folding her hands over her chest.

"Whatever do you mean? Nothing is wrong." I answer.

I let out a silent "shit" to myself at the fact that I slipped up again.

You see my mom loved historical dramas and romance so the whole time I was in the womb and anytime I was sleeping like a baby or child she would watch them or read the books out loud.

The result is that anytime I am lying or acting, in general, I start speaking formally and if it is really bad, with a British accent.

"Come on Luke, you are one of the worst liars I know and even if you were a good one I would still know cause we are best friends. Now tell me what's wrong." She insisted, her eyes boring into me. It made me feel so guilty that I almost told her.

The key word is almost.

"Aubrey my dear. It brakes my heart but I really can not tell you anything in this moment in time. You are just going to have to put your faith in me." I say.

"But Luke." She protests. "This has to be bad, you have a full-on British accent!"

"Aubrey, this is extremely important but I promise that if the circumstances force me into an unsafe position at any point in time I will tell you immediately." I tell her with as much sincerity in my eyes as possible.

She looks me dead in the eye before sighing.

"Alright." She says dropping her hands in defeat.

I hug her in gratitude and look up to see Layla walking over to us.