Chapter 12: Age Is But A Number

Luke's POV

"But she's so pretty!" Hunter argued.

"She's also over forty!" Sean countered.

My friends and I were currently at my house to study, hang out, and watch a movie. We were currently at the movie portion cause we decided to mix hanging out with the movie since Audrey and Layla were anxious to watch Mother's Day and the rest of us were in no mood to argue.

Until Hunter complimented Julia Roberts saying that she looked amazing in a red Bob and I jokingly said.

"You sound like you would want to go out with her."

And when he nodded and said "yeah" all hell broke loose.

"So you're telling me that you don't think that she's at least a little bit attractive?" He asked.

"Of course she's attractive-" Layla started.

"Thank you! My case is closed-" He stated prepared to bow until Layla interrupted him.

"Buuut..." She continued. "If you were to date her, wouldn't the age gap bother you?"

"Nope." He answered immediately.

"So you're saying that if a woman, that was obviously over forty came up to you on the street and asked you out you would say yes." I "asked".

"Well I don't usually meet my girlfriends on the street." He joked.

"Just answer the damn question." Aubrey said, surprising all of us since she sounded frustrated with him.

"Well yeah," He said. "If I liked the way she looked."

We were all quiet -satisfied- then, playing the movie until Sean said.

"She's actually fifty."

"What?" Aubrey asked mirroring the rest of our looks of confusion.

"She actually 49, turning fifty this year." He said, clearing up the confusion.

I grinned.

"You have great taste Hunter."

He rolled his eyes.

"She's still hot you know." He said.

"I know."

We all continued to watch the movie as Kate Hudson's character found her self with her racist parents in her house while her Indian partner played with their son outside.

Definitely a mess.

I looked over at Layla, watching as she stayed completely focused on the movie.

Layla and I didn't talk,

As far as I know she's still avoiding me.

But our friends are not interfering and she is basically acting like I don't exist.

Though it makes things a little more tense, there is nothing I can do. She's avoiding me and I am determined not to apologize when I now know it's not my fault. And now we're stuck with the awkward situation between us that basically can't be solved on my part.

So I'm just relaxing, trying to make the most of the time I am spending with my friends. Even if I'm not even talking to one of them.

"Wait, she didn't tell him the truth?" Aubrey asked as she watched one of the characters blow up on the screen. "Oh now that's bad."

I would explain more about what was happening on the screen but I think I spoiled enough of the movie already.

Let's just say that the drama is juicy and we're all in to it.