Chapter 18: Ugh!

👉👌Luke's POV👌👈

This has started to become a regular occurrence. Me feeling utterly confused. It was frustrating to feel so powerless and it was amplified by how many times it happened.

So after the little outing that happened, I took some time before bed to just think.

I hadn't realized how little I really just sat down and thought and it was the most productive I have been in a while.

I laid out my main concern and main problem in the fore front of my mind and decided between my main options.

And with that I went to sleep and slept like a freaking baby.

~~~~~

Like usual my friends Layla and Aubrey were gathered under our morning tree and as of recent days Sean joined them.

The first few days this happened the rest of us incredibly kind friends teased him relentlessly over it but after a week it was no longer new and we had to embrace it as normal.

I walk up to the group and without any introduction I simply tell them.

"I'm asking Conner out today."

That seemed to have completely shocked them but ever the quick one Sean replied.

"Sorry to break it to ya but I think he already beat you to it." Sean sassed jokingly, tilting his head and sounding slightly bored. Of course he was anything but at this point and like Layla and Aubrey, he wanted answers.

I scoff shaking my head at his little joke.

"No, not that Sean. He asked me to be his boyfriend, not go on a date with him and after whatever the heck happened on the train I know he will be hesitant to actually ask me out." I explained. "He might even just ignore me so I won't break up with him, I know him well enough now to get that so I'm going to take the initiative. I'm going to be the dominant and ask him out."

The moment the woods left my mouth I knew I was going to hear the "snorckles" coming out of my friends but I said it already and all I could do is deal with the backlash.

"The dominant?" Layla asked hesitatingly, barely keeping her laughing from being heard by China. "Are you sure that applies to you Luke."

I rolled my eyes and ignoredy friends as they fell over each other, laughing hysterically.

"Just help me get him alone when lunch comes alright?" I ordered the still laughing group and sucked next to them until Hunter showed up.

Than I had to defend myself when they explained why they were laughing to him. Extremely upset since they added a lot more "I can be manly's" and made my voice twenty pitches higher in their retelling.

And once again I stood next to them as they fell over each other laughing, waiting for the bell to ring.

~~~

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Layla asked worriedly once we met up in the hall on our way to lunch. "You don't even know what he was about to tell you. It could be something that you will never forgive him for."

I stopped walking just to give Layla a look.

"So you think what he's going to tell me will make me so upset I won't want to be with him anymore." I stated, rolling my eyes in annoyance. "If it was that big of a deal you would've told me already."