Chapter 17: Chinese food

🔥Conner's POV🔥

It was a little bit awkward when we left the dance floor and started walking again. There was this odd mood that seemed to have plagued our conversation. Every laugh seemed awkward and every joke misplaced.

It was if by making our feelings clear and just making out in front of our friends the group dynamic was thrown off.

But eventually we all got the fuck over it and after ten minutes everything was back to normal.

Of course at every opportunity I would speak up just to tease Layla and Sean and when the rest of the group figured out why, there were not five minutes where them becoming an item wasn't hinted at.

I honestly give them my deepest respect because even then they never exploded.

"It looks like it's getting kind of late guys," Aubrey mentioned, frowning a little as she looked up at the sky. "Maybe we should find a place to eat?"

We all joined her and looked, finally noticed the dark hue that set over the city.

"You're probably right." Layla sighed.

We all collectively agreed and made our way to Chinatown.

To be completely honest, Kensington market was in Chinatown so the moment we left every single sign was in Mandarin.

It wasn't difficult at all to find a restaurant we were all okay with and glancing at the prices they mentioned outside, we could all pay for it.

It was one of the best Chinese restaurants I have ever been to and a lot of people agreed with me. I even snatched up a business card just so I could come back.

Though we should have called it a day at that point I insisted on us walking around and enjoying the city just a little bit longer.

I don't remember laughing so much in such a short amount of time and I don't think I wanted to stop.

"You know," Damien started, drawing all eyes over to him. "The three of us have never been downtown before."

They seemed surprised until it clicked in Luke's mind.

"Oh right, you guys just came from Mississauga." Luke stated hitting his forehead. "I can't believe I forgot."

"So in other words, we just showed you a tour of one of our favorite places in Toronto." Hunter grinned.

"Yeah pretty much." Sean laughed.

We were all smiles and grins until we came to the subway station.

We tried our very best to not be that group of loud teenagers making a ruckus on the train but it was incredibly hard when Damien and Kian kept making dumb jokes and acting as if they were drunk. At some point a woman came on with this adorable little girl and we somehow made our jokes quiet enough to not feel guilty. But then they got off and we were back to it.

We enjoyed every second of it.

Until I stupidly thought it would be a good idea to wrap my arm around Luke's waist.

Good idea my ass.

I had been gently stroking his side when his eyes flashed and I didn't even have time to stop him before he was straddling me and trying to suck the life out of my body through my lips.

Don't get me wrong, getting the life sucked out of you is a wonderful feeling but it isn't that wonderful when it's on a public train.

I tried to get him off me but Luke is an amazing kisser and I was way too weak when he started moving his tongue like that. Luckily Aubrey and Layla sprung into action first and sat him down far enough away from me.

I sighed heavily and dragged my hands through my hair.

The mood immediately turned solemn.

Sean spoke first.

"Did you know it was this bad?" He asked quietly, looking at me with poorly hidden disappointment.
I was suddenly ashamed but I couldn't keep hiding.

"He showed a couple of signs but no, I didn't know it got this bad." I told them.

Everyone nodded but didn't say anything for a long time.

"W-what are you guys talking about?" Luke asked, looking at everyone, hoping to gain answers. My heart almost broke when he looked at me but I couldn't hold his gaze.

"You have to tell him." Aubrey said simply.

"Tell me what?" Luke seemed to get even more enraged the more he spoke. "What is it?"

But no one answered, and when our stops finally started arriving we didn't smile and wave cheerfully at each other like we would've in the beginning. All we did was mutter lifeless goodbyes and leave to go home, our hearts heavy.

Luke was the most upset, constantly sending me looks and I hated not saying anything.

I knew how upset he would be when he finds out and I had wanted to prolong it for as long as possible.

But now that he knows I'm hiding something I won't get to do that anymore.

I will have to finally tell him.

~~~~~~~~

👉👌Luke's POV👌👈

I didn't know how to feel anymore. I wanted to be relieved that I finally have an idea why Conner seemed so tense. But I can't really enjoy it because it seems like the reason was worse then I had expected.

Whatever Conner was hiding from me seemed to have been common knowledge for everyone else. So clearly it had to do with me being a Dicamotus.

I desperately wanted to know since it seemed like the person it hurt the most was me.

But a part of me did not. A part of me just wanted to stay blissfully unware and fully enjoy my ignorance.

But obviously that wasn't meant to be and now I have to know.

It sucked hard.

And Conner and I were just about to go on a date too!

How in the world am I supposed to enjoy a date with a guy I have had a huge crush on for so long, when I know he's hiding this huge thing from me?

When did my life get so complicated?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi

I kind have to go do something the moment I finish writing this note and I haven't been feeling really talkative lately so.

What do you think the secret is?

Get creative or basic, what ever really I just want to know what you guys have been thinking.

Anywhore

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow, anything else you can do with this story, see you next Chapter.bye!!!👋👋👋