Chapter 14: Simple Times

*Edited*

👉👌Luke's POV👌👈

The past week has been complete and utter torture. I had to tell my friends and family about everything that happened, from the guy coming onto me on the street to making out with Conner every other morning. It was completely embarrassing but it only got worse when they all put together a schedule so that someone was with me at all times. Which meant that my friends had to rush from their classes to get me and transfer me to mine so I was never alone.

Even in the bathroom.

And it gets worse.

Because of the schedule Audrey and Sean often ended up getting to their classes late so my parents talked to the principal and instead of telling my parents to cool it with their protection the principal got students who were due to punishments to help me get to and from classes.

I got protection and they got punishment.

So what I had to deal with moody kids grumbling as they tried to lose me in the halls?

But the most frustrating part of the week was that Conner was being distant.

Again.

It seemed as if whenever he had something on his mind he would just draw back from me.

Talk less, look away more and kiss harder.

Ok the kisses were hot AF and that wasn't so bad.

But everything else was.

"What are you thinking about?" Hunter stopped, waiting for me to answer.

"Nothing important." I smiled, trying to satisfy his curiosity. "Don't worry about it."

He frowned, walking again so he was next to me.

"Well I've been worrying a lot more since the whole kidnapping thing." He huffed, annoyed. "The least you could do is tell me what you are thinking about."

I glanced at my friend discretely, hoping to get a feel of how he would react.

"Fine," I sighed, giving into his guilt trip. "But you're not going to like it."

"I don't think that really matters." He replied matter of factly.

"I was thinking...." I paused, wondering if I should just lie. "You guys are being a little, much."

"Much?" He asked incredulously. "Of course we're going to be a little much after what happened. That guy was planning that for far too long for us to be calm."

"I know." I agreed quickly, as I attempted to calm him down. "That doesn't mean I like it anymore though."

Now it was his turn to sigh.

"Yeah, I get that." He turned towards me, giving an almost apologetic smile.

We were silent for a while before I found myself smiling.

"We're so sad." I started, wanting to laugh at how this situation looked. "We've been so solemn and serious lately that I can't even have one conversation with any of you guys without it turning serious."

He looked surprised for a moment before he was smiling too.

"That's true." He agreed. "We should all hang out soon, break some of the tension."

"Yeah that's a good idea." Ideas about how that would go filled my mind and I was soon buzzing with excitement."We could meet at my house on the weekend or something."

"What if we met up downtown, maybe around Kensington market and Chinatown." Hunter suggested.

"That would totally work!" A smile was tearing up my face this point but I didn't even care. "We should invite Conner, Damien, and Kian too."