Chapter 11: Realization

Luke's POV

"So she's still not talking to you?" Conner asked.

"No, she isn't." I sighed.

Conner and I have one of our "sessions" and thought that it would be a good idea to talk so we can cool down.

Yes

I said cool down.

You see, ever since I suggested that we should start meeting in the morning our "sessions" have gotten quite,

Heated.

They went from one to two minutes, maybe three if we had extra time to five minutes.

Ok, ten minutes

...Fine! Fifteen minutes tops!

...On a regular day.

That's not important right now!

Anyway since this wasn't a regular day we started talking to cool down and the conversation ended up on Layla de-friending me because she thought I was lying about her boyfriend trying to rape me.

Like I would want that to be spread around.

I heard Conner let out a growl and turned to see him wearing a royally pissed off look.

"C-Conner? What's wrong?" I asked. "Wait, is Rick here?"

I quickly turn my head from one direction to the other to try and spot him.

"No, but hearing his name is not making my mood any better." He told me with a growl still present in his voice.

"Then what's wrong?" I asked again.

He paused for a while before opening his mouth.

"It's just...it's just frustrating. Anytime I think about what happened all I see are your tear filled eyes staring at me. Layla might not believe that it happened but it did, whether we like it or not it did," He turned to look at me. "And the fact that she can ignore it while you can't boils my blood almost as much as the fact that those bastards touched you in the first place does."

I look at him with wide eyes before turning my head to stare at the ground.

"But her boyfriend cheated on her, that would be hard for anyone to-" I was cut of by Conner roughly grabbing my shoulders and turning me to face him.

I quickly snapped my eyes to the ground to avoid looking into his hypnotizing gray eyes, knowing that if I looked into them for too long then I wouldn't be able to tell if we shaking hands or holding each other.

"Luke." He calmly said, voice low and controlled. "Luke, look at me."

I shook my head, silently refusing his request.

"Luke." He said again, a warning tone in his voice.

I stayed quiet, waiting for him to give up.

"Luke." He grumbled out through clenched teeth. "Look. At. Me."

After waiting for a few seconds only to be met by silence, the hands on my shoulders moved to the sides of my face and neck before he lifted my head and chin up, forcing me to stare straight into those freaking eyes of his.

I let out a groan of frustration when I meet his beautiful silver eyes.

Damn it.

Why does he have to be so good looking?

Even on a regular day his eyes make me feel like my knees are failing me but now his eyes burn with so much emotion all I can do is watch as I feel my heart melt.

"It isn't your fault." He said, searching my eyes for something.

I tried to focus on what he was saying

I really did

But it was hard when all I wanted to do was close the distance between us and kiss him senseless

Without any reason

Oh that would be wonderful

What was it that he said again?

It

It was?

It wasn't your fault

Then it clicked.

It wasn't my fault

"Luke" Conner mumbled, his eyes becoming hooded as he leaned.

"It's not my fault." I muttered not paying attention to what was happening.

"What?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"It's not my fault." I repeated, my voice raising as I pulled away from him.

He started to get worried expression on his face but I couldn't care less at the moment.

Well I could but that's not the point.

"Luke are you oka-"

"It's not my fault." I stated, my eyes snapping to his.

"What are you-"

"You're right! All this time it always felt like was my fault, but it wasn't!" I started flailing my hands as I exploded. "It wasn't my fault that that random guy or Rick did what they did to me because I am Dicamotus and it's not my fault that I am a Dicamotus. Also it's not my fault that Layla's boyfriend cheated on her with me of all people! I didn't ask him to and I sure did not want him to so there is no reason for Layla to be mad at me! At least I told her. She should be mad at Rick! He's the ass-hat not me!"

I took a deep breath to calm myself down before turning to Conner and continuing.

"And...it's not my fault that I have feelings, even if I'm not supposed to have them sometimes I do. And that's okay because even if y-they don't feel the same way I know it's about them and not me."

Conner looked like he wanted to say something badly but before he could I walked up to him stood up on my tipitoes before kissing him on the cheek and whispering,

"Thank you, for helping me realize that."

I went back down on flat feet, smiled, then walked away a triumphant smile on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

..............Sorry?

Yeah

This is pretty late

Like I don't even have a schedule but this still seems like I violated one

So sorry

It really doesn't help but I do feel bad.

Plus this is short.

Honestly it came longer because I was trying to make it longer.

But it's here now and that's what matters.

Anyway

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow, anything else you can do with this story an I will be you next Chapter.bye!!!👋👋👋👋👋👋