Chapter 16: Dancing, And Sweet Discoveries

(A/N: In case any of you guys read the two previous chapters before I changed them, they are now going downtown to do nonsense 😊)

*Edited*

🔥Conner's POV🔥

I never realized how great it was to not be shaking in your boots out of fear until I had decided to ask Luke out.

And by ask him out I mean just kiss him until I could actually muster the courage to do something.

I never even considered myself a procrastinator until a two weeks had passed and I didn't do a single fucking thing.

If anything Luke looked more nervous around me than normal.

It was this never ending circle of frustration and I was done with it.

I was asking out Luke tomorrow and it was final.

~~~~~~~

I stormed through the school doors preparing myself as best I could.

I would go to where Luke and his friends met up in the morning and then and there ask him out.

But then I caught sight of him smiling with Sean, a carefree expression on his face as Aubrey seemed to tease an annoyed Layla.

And just like that I doubted myself.

That was their special spot and it wasn't even eight thirty in the morning. Who asks someone out like that.

Well not me anymore.

I continued walking trying to ignore the delicious feeling that ran through me when I felt Luke's stare.

I looked back with just enough time to bite my lip and send him a killer grin. His wide eyes and flushed cheeks made me extremely happy with my decision.

So what if I had to wait even longer to ask him. I still had the rest of the school day and tomorrow we were heading downtown.

I would get to it eventually.

~~~~~~~~

I struggled to look excited when our group started pointing out some guy on stilts.

I don't know how I let another whole day pass wihout even trying to ask Luke out.

Doing it while we had our morning makeit session didn't seem right so I tried once our first class ended but he seemed so eager to get to his next class I didn't want to stall him. Then lunch came but it felt awkward to just call him away because he always seemed nose deep in a conversation and the moment he finished one he was on to the other. And when school ended I was just to nervous and just waved by as he walked away.

I didn't know if I would ever work up the courage. It was as if now that I alredy had this great relationship with him he risk was trippled.

So I just had to pout in my head and try to look pleasant.

It really was fun though we passed by several stands samples and even got some churos (curtosy of yours truly) but it really got fun when we got to the stage and a Latino band was playing a Nicky Jam song.

"Oh this is my song!" Kian yelled to us over the music. "Damien, Conner we have to show them the dance!"

Shit.