Chapter 23: The Truth

(A/N: This is a sad Chapter, you have been warned.)

👉👌Luke's POV👌👈

I was staring at Conner's face to get some clues as to why the mood had suddenly shifted. Dinner was going beautifully and I thought that he had enjoyed it as much as I did. But almost immediately after getting into the car Conner's . . . mood suddenly changed, he was frowning and looked so sad that it seemed like our whole date had never happened. I was sincerely worried for Conner now but he would not give me the slightest hint as to what happened. So I stared, drinking in my boyfriend stunning features and calm expression, because that was all I could do at this point.

Conner turned the car and we started to slow down. I looked outside to see where he took us and rolled my eyes when I saw the familiar park.

"High Park again?" I chuckled, making Conner smirk at my teasing comment.

"Well it is a very versatile park." He said defensively. "What, my baby doesn't like it? We can find another one."

I smiled but shook my head. There was really no point in leaving and I had no problem going somewhere twice.

"It's ok, I don't mind at all." I mumbled, glancing at Conner from the corner of my eye. "Hey Conner?"

"Yeah Luke?"

I paused for a moment, thinking that I shouldn't have brought it up.

"Well . . . it's just . . . I don't know . . ." I trailed hesitantly, losing confidence as I spoke. "Do you ever regret meeting me?"

We hadn't been speaking much and there was no music yet it felt as of the whole car suddenly became quiet and I could feel myself holding in my breath.

"No." Conner answered quietly. His gaze was far away and I knew that I had made a mistake. But I didn't want to talk about it and since Conner was not rushing to speak we were silent until we parked the car.

Conner got out of the car, his steps not rushed but with purpose, and quickly grabbed the mountains of blankets that would be used just for the two of us.

We only shared the occasional ok while grabbing the covers and went back to that quiet tone now that we were heading to our spot.

Conner lead me over to a naturally made path, with a small space of dry dirt creating space to walk, and after walking along it for a few minutes we arrived at the clearing.

It was a large area covered in lush thick grass, the grass rustled as wild life hurried to get away from us and I saw a flash of a fluffy brown pom pom. The space was smooth and flat and I felt a sudden urge to roll over it but excersized my restrain and followed Conner.

We laid down the blankets neatly and the assembled blankts reminded me of sleepovers from when I was a young child and I felt myself becoming nastialgic.

"This is beautiful." I said softly, looking over at a calm Conner. "Thank you for bringing me here." Conner smiled, forgetting our odd moment earlier and drawing me against him. We stared out at the field and sighed in unison.

"Your welcome." He muttered warmly, bending down to kiss the top of my head. "Sit, I want to tell you something." I sat down immediatly and snuggled under the blankets while I waited for Conner to do the same. We were both fully encased in the warm blankets but almost fiveinutes have past and Conner still hadn't said anything. I looked over at my boyfriend to find him staring off into space, he looked as if he were contemplating life but really he was thinking about me. I wonder if that meant the same thing to him. He let a long exhausted sigh and started speaking.