Chapter 9 || Yuuma x Aria (VY2 x IA)

THE DISTRESSED PRINCESS sat alone.

She didn't even know where she was but she just had to leave the place. She hated being alone.

Her eyes flickered across her surroundings. She was lost.

Nothing seemed familiar.

Looking down miserably at her feet, she had silently sat at the bench, pondering about what to do.

Ding dong, ding dong,

The town clock's hand reached six. It was getting darker and Aria definitely didn't want to be staying out in the cold for the night.

Watching a group of kids playing happily with a ball, she couldn't help but smile.

She had never done something like that before. Being left alone indoors was what she detested the most and was what she got.

One of the children had walked over, gazing at the princess, he placed his tiny hands over hers.

"Onee-chan, are you okay? Do you want to play with us?"

Tears fell.

The child hesitated, almost panicking, he asked, "Why are you crying? Did someone bully Onee-chan?"

The princess shook her head, a smile still plastered across her face, but it slowly faded away.

She sobbed, hugging tightly onto young boy who had no idea what had happened but wrapped his small hands behind her back in comfort.

"It's okay, Onee-chan. It's okay, no one will bully you."

A shove had broken the princess away from the boy.

"Mom!" The boy's mother had glared at Aria, clinging onto her child tightly. "Don't go touching other people's kids so easily! Who are you? Why did you do that, Yuki? Didn't I tell you not to speak to strangers?"

The woman hurriedly tugged her protesting child away from the poor girl, leaving her to weep into her  knees.

It was cold and she was tired but she didn't know what to do. She didn't want to go home.

She realised she had no home to go to.

From that moment, she didn't have a home.

"What the hell are you doing?"

The princess looked up to find a young man panting, grabbing onto the seat to support himself. Prince Yuuma had glanced at her, his eyes cold, but his breath was warm.

"Hurry up. I'm not waiting for you." He turned to leave, letting his black cloak drift behind him as he pulled his hood over his head, aware and cautious of anyone identifying him as the prince.

"W-where are we going?" The princess hesitated, slowly getting up from her seat.

"We're going home."