Chapter 10 || Len x Rin (Kagamine Len x Kagamine Rin)

"MY, AREN'T YOU BEAUTIFUL, Princess Rin? It's a pleasure to meet you."

The young princess had been greeted by many royalties that she had lost count and forgotten their names a moment later right after they had greeted her.

"Rin-sama, your highness wants to see you," a maid had hurried over to the tired princess. She waved hastily as she followed behind the maid, tugging at her long dress as she hurried over to the throne, where Prince Len had shook hands with many visitors.

"My highness, what do you need of?" Rin pondered, immediately slapping her hands to her mouth in surprise for having interrupted an important conversation. She was too tired she'd completely forgotten her manners.

"Oh, are you Princess Rin? The soon-to-be queen of this kingdom? Nice to meet you."

She was greeted by the visitors politely but felt uncomfortable as they eyed her up and down, as if checking if she was fit for the job or not.

"Yes, I am. Sorry to intrude on such an important conversation you are involved in."

"It is quite alright. We have finished our conversation as such."

"Rin."

The girl turned to find Prince Len staring at her. Confused, she moved her head to the side.

He signalled for her to step closer to him which made her awkwardly do as told.

Taking a small step beside him, he surprised her by holding her closely with his hand around her shoulder.

She blushed furiously. She wasn't used to being touched so easily by a person she'd just met in a day.

Likewise a man.

"We will be going now, as my kingdom cannot be left as it is without a ruler for even a moment. Dangers are happening more often these days."

With that, the two bowed before scrambling off and exiting the castle.

"Your highness, you have more visitors that seek you. If you may..." the maid had held out a hand, allowing the prince to follow her lead to see the other visitors, only to Rin's surprise, his hand wasn't around her shoulder but still gripped firmly around her waist.

The visitors and the prince had chatted away and Rin couldn't help but glance down at the position they were in. His hands were ever so slender and pale. Pale like the whiteness of the clouds. His hands were definitely beautiful.

As the prince talked, she could feel his breath tickle her ear. She averted her eyes slowly up at him. His blonde hair was specially tied more lower than usual so it would seem longer and more mature. Though Rin knew he always seemed mature. Never has he ever seemed immature like she always does.

Without realising, Rin had been locked into Prince Len's electric, cerulean eyes during the conversation which she knew she'd feel embarrassed about later but she wanted to live in the moment. Even for just a bit.

Collapsing into her bed, she groaned. She was tired.

Massaging her legs gently, she glanced outside the window. It was getting darker and she was sleepy.

Her eyes felt drowsy and before she could drift off to sleep, the door opened and in stepped Len.

"Why are you ..."

"Aren't married couples meant to sleep together?"

"Well... they do but-"

"Get used to it. Don't worry, I won't do anything to you."

Rin blushed as she looked down at her feet, embarrassed.

"I know..."

Surprising the girl, he had leaned in closer to her, almost on top of her, he had stared into her eyes. Shocked and unexpected of his actions, she jerked her head away, shutting her eyes tightly.

"You were staring at me the whole entire night and you can't look me in the eye for a second now?"

In buried her face into her knees.

She regretted it.

Did she?

'Perhaps not,' she thought, grinning, remembering the charming look he had during the evening.

Len raised an eyebrow. 'Weird..'