Chapter 18 || Len x Rin (Kagamine Len x Kagamine Rin)

PRINCESS RIN WAS DISTRACTED from her thoughts as Len had gently tapped her on the shoulder.

"We're here."

Rin scrambled to her feet and to her surprise, the roof of the carriage came into contact to her head. "Ouch!" Len turned but she managed to make a stifle of laughter come from the serious prince.

The town was crowded, with people darting around the place. The sound of wheelbarrows and quick footsteps could be heard and loud shouts and laughter echoed from the distance. Many townspeople rushed over to greet the prince who responded with a kind smile. His tense expression softened and Rin found herself smiling. "What are you grinning about?" Len spat. Rin just smiled even more. "Noooothing," she slurred. Before he could interrogate her further, she skipped towards a large fountain that sat in the middle of the busy streets.

Rin ran her fingers through the water and sighed with happiness when she was greeted by the blue sky and warm sun. "Do you like it?"

Rin jerked her head back in surprised and found the prince hovering just above her. "Y-yes! I love it!" She stuttered. She could almost trace the prince's long eyelashes with her finger and his blonde hair sparkled as drops of water had made their way onto his head. His lips were the same, a stern look but Rin felt her heart pounding uncontrollably once again. She whirled away from him too quickly and lost her footing. Rin squeezed her eyes shut, preparing for the cold impact but instead a firm grip met her waist, pulling her into an embrace.

"Be careful," Len sighed. His breath batted against her ears and she could feel the heat rushing to her head. "Thank you," she gasped. A rush of disappointment went through her body when he finally let go, turning to converse with an elderly couple whom seemed grateful and happy to meet the next ruler of their kingdom.

Rin sighed, peering over at her reflection in the translucent water, resting her chin on her hand. "Look! It's the princess! She's so beautiful." A small boy rushed over to Rin and gave her a grin.

"Hello!" Rin greeted him, her worries flashed past her immediately. "How are you?" The little boy handed her a small flower. "I'm good thank you, princess." Rin was delighted with the young boy's action, she held the flower tightly and took a whiff at the pleasant smell.

The sun had set and it was time to return to the palace and before Rin made her way back into the carriage, a bouquet of roses was handed over to her. Rin looked down in surprise and found Prince Len looking away in embarrasment. "I saw..." he cleared his throat, "a little boy handing you a flower and i thought that... um... maybe you... I-" Rin interrupted him, "I love them," she gushed. "Thank you." Before the prince could reply, she forced herself onto tip-toes and landed a kiss on his cheek. Rin hurried into the carriage, leaving the prince tomato red.

"You're... welcome," he replied.